20. Why?

I was whistling to one of my songs while quarelling with myself if I should take white chocolate or dark chocolate. In the end I went for dark. Anna is no kid for milk. I danced around in walmart until I came across the gift section. I went further in.

Soft toys littered the whole place. There were also sweet gift cards and keychains on the shelf nearby. I picked up one appealing, non-birthday card. I opened it up to read it on the inside.

'For all I know you are the only one I will love.'

Cheesy much? I love it. I toss it into the cart. I look into it to see what I have bought so far. Chocolates, sanitory stuff, painkillers, a card, flowers, candy.

I smile to myself and walk to the counter. I place the cart in the right position and the lady starts making my bill. I hand her the credit card and take the bag and wait for her to finish the work. I walk back to my car and sit in the driver's seat before rushing my way back to home.

☆Anna's POV☆

I see my reflection staring back at me. Yet she doesnt look like me. The way Harry says that I look is nothing what I see in the mirror. I took tired. Like I cried for hours. I did. I cried for 2 hours. But not for myself. I cried for the man I love. I pop my glucose pills into my mouth before gulping down a glass full of water.

"I am so sorry Anna."

"Can you be more clear Dr. Steve?"

"According to the tests..."

"Yes?"

"You wont live long Anna." Dr. Steve huffs. "You may have to leave us all in the upcoming 4-5 months. I am so sorry."

Tears well up my eyes. They stream down my face. I wont live long. I will die in 4-5 months. I wont be here. I wont be loved by Harry.

I touch my hair. And that moment I start crying. My nose turns red. And I stand infront of my reflection, crying vulnerably at the sight of me.

I will have to do this.

I hear the tyres of the car against the soil and rush towards the towel and wipe my tears away. I take some powder and puff it onto my face. I go and sit in the bedroom as if that was where I was since Harry went to Walmart.

"Hey sweetie!" He says as he enters the room. He has a huge bag in his hand. He comes close and kisses my forehead.

"Hey." I try to sound normal but fail miserably.

"Anna," Harry says sternly. "What happened?"

"Oh. Nothing."

"Are you good? Is it because of your period? Is your back paining?" He says frantically. He reaches his hand to my back and starts massaging me lovingly.

"I am good Harry." I say as I land my hand on his cheek. He leans closer and kisses my lips.

One of the last ones.

"C'mon, have these painkillers." He says.

"What have you got in this huge bag?" I point curiously at the big bag he came with.

He turns towards it and dumps the contents out. I almost start crying at his sweetness. He has got so many flowers, chocolates and candy for me.

"Why did you bring all if this?"

"To make you feel good." He simply says and shruggs.

"Come here." I say and spread my arms.

He comes and sits besides me on the bed. I swing my arms around his neck and hug him tight. So tight as if I want to prove that I dont want to let go of him. I blink furiously a few times to prevent the tears from spilling.