Chapter 18 ~ Clock

"Jacqueline, get up it's late!!" my mom yelled.

    I groaned, rubbing my face. I look to my left, where my clock sat. 12:37pm. Are you freaking kidding me?! It's early.

    I pulled my blanket over my head.

"I'm not kidding, get up!!!" she yelled again.

"But it's Sunday!!" I yelled.

"I don't care if it's break!!"

I groaned again, sitting up.

"Now!!"

"I'm up, I'm up!!" I got up and walked into the bathroom. I winced when I saw my hair. It looked like my hair was serving as a home to a buch of birds. I brushed my teeth and tried to flatten my hair with no success.

"What?" I said walking into the kitchen.

"Well, good morning to you too." my dad laughed.

"Jacqueline, your dad and i are going to leave for a while and won't be back until dinner." she explained.

"Okay, and why do I have to be awake for this?" I asked. Mom gave me a blank look.

"Just so you'll be aware." she said in a duh-tone.

"K." I muttered getting a bowl, the milk and the Fruity Pebbles, that were in the cupboard.

   I sat next to my dad, eating my breakfast.

"Okay, we're going to get going, now." My dad said a while later, adjusting his tie.

"Okay, love you guys, be back soon." I said to them.

"Love you too!!" they said backing out of the driveway.

     I stepped back inside and locked the doors. You know what I might as well, lock all the doors. And I checked the back door, garage door, even the windows.

    I threw myself onto the couch, powering the t.v. on. I scrolled through the channels. There's nothing on, ugh. I walk to my room and unhooked my phone from its charger. I decided to call one of my friends. Mariah was first on the list.

Hey, it's Mariah. Sorry I couldn't get to you. I'll call you back, leave a message at the time.

I heard the voicemail say and hung up, and tried again. After three rings, they answered.

"Hello?" a guy's voice said.

"Um, could I talk to Mariah?" I asked politely.

"She's not here." he laughed. What's so funny?

"Zayn, give it back!" I heard a girl's voice, probably Mariah, say in the background.

"No can do." he laughed. "Mariah's not here."he said.

"Don't listen to him, I'm right here!" she yelled again. I laughed.

"Hey Zayn." I said.

"What's up?" he asked.

"I was going to ask Mariah to come over but she obviously busy." I explained.

"Oh, um ya, I let her know." he laughed.

"Okay, you can come over with her if you want?" I offered. I didn't want to be left alone in my house.

"No, it's alright. She'll be there." he said.

"Zayn!!!" Mariah whined, I laughed. They're so cute.

"Okay, thanks. Bye." I chirped. I heard a muffled bye before hanging up. I sighed. Next person. Leeroy was next.