Chapter 9~ Why?

"Guys?" I ask when Yaslin and I neared them.

"WHAT?!" they snap at the same time glaring at me before glaring ay each other.

"Why  are you guys fighting?" I tried again. 

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" They snap again.

"Why are you mad?" This time I said it slowly.

"Ask Leeroy!" Ziana answered. Leeroy glared at her.

"Leeroy?" Yaslin asks this time. 

I see a smiling Mariah walking torwards us. The smile washes away when she sees Leeroy and Zia glaring at each other. Once she's standing by me she starts talking.

"Why are they argueing?" she asks confused. 

"We're trying to find out but they won't talk." I say.

"Oh....I see" she says staring at they before nodding at me "Step aside losers, Mariah's got this!" she announces.

Yaslin and I looked at each  other but shrug. Okay.

"Okay. Z" she looks at her then at Leeroy "Leeroy." she says calmly. "Cut the crap. What the hell is going on?! " she yelled at them causing all of us to wince and others to stare.

Silence.

"I'm listening." Mariah says. They exchange looks before they sigh.

"We had a slight disagreement..." Leeroy started off

"Tell him that corn dogs and hot dogs aren't the same !" Zia exclaims. We let out a breath but  Leeroy glares at her.

"They are!" he says

"Are not!" she says back

Mariah takes a deep breath before speaking.  I on the other hand take a step back.

"Shut up! Both of you!" she scolds both like a mother "Anyways, who cares hamburgers are better." she says. They exchange smiles before talking like they weren't mad at each other just a minute ago. Mariah takes a step back to match mine and Yaslin's.

"I told you Mariah's got this." she smirked. We laughed and entered our math class after Leeroy gave all of us hugs begore he left.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

As we left our drag of a math class, we randomly talked about things.

"So, then she's like oh hell no bitch and then they get in to a fight and then one is like why? would you do that? and then-" Mariah cut off Ziana. She was telling us about the book or show she has recently found out about.

"Can you get to the point already Zia?!" Mariah  screams at her.

"Oh ya, she dies." she laughs. We lose our smiles.

"That's sad, and you're laughing. " I tell her.

"It's not funny,  it's funny how you guys reacted. " she says.

" You're are one crazy bitch." Mariah says.  Ziana and I laugh.

"Why, thank you, whore." she smiles at her and they both laugh.

"Okay well, bye I need to be going now." Mariah says walking away. 

We waved and continued on our long walk.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Our p.e teacher was a guy who was young, around 20 or 21, and was cool. I had p.e with Heather, Ziana , Drew and Jason. As far as I know there's more of the jocks in the other p.e. class right now too.

"Hey, Greg." I say as I pass by him.

"Hey, Gómez." He greeted. He doesn't like us calling him by his last name,yet he calls us by ours, which is dumb if you ask me. Only when we have people checking which doesn't happen.

"Hey, Greg!" Ziana chirped while Heather just waved.

"Girls." he said before walking away. We started towards the locker room.

"I'm hungry!!" Zia yelled as opening her locker.

"You always are." I told her. Heather laughed.

"Bet you she has something in her locker she's going to eat." Heather whispers to me. I laugh.

"She can't do that." I said. She pointed to Zia. I turn to see what she was pointing at and see that she, indeed, was eating. Not to metion already dressed. We laugh at the weirdo. "Z, what are you eating?" I ask.

"Shhnicker bur." she says, well tried  to anyways.

"You know you're not allowed to have food in here. " I tell her.

"Mhm" she says.

"Then?" I ask. She stares at me before anwsering.

"Does it look like I care." she says.  Heather laughs beside me.

"Okay." I say. I finish getting ready for the class just as she finishes her snack with a glare from Heather for not sharing with her. We walk out of the room to meet up with Greg.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Okay class today we are going to play...." Greg starts off "Drumroll please." he says as the boys start to beat on the bleachers. Zia drumrolls next to me getting a couple looks. "Dogdeball!" Greg finally says getting cheers from some and a groan from others,  and by that I mean Ziana and some other girls. We get off the bleachers as the boys set up.

"I hate this game!" Zia complains.

"It's okay babe, I'll take care of you." Jason said. Causing her and Heather to roll their eyes. Greg started the game and Jason didn't notice which caused him to get hit.

"Jason, you're out!!" Greg calls out. We all laughed while Jason walked out of the game looking just plain mad.

After awhile we saw Ryan come in and give Greg a note.

"What is he doing here?" Heather whispers.

"Please don't come over here." Ziana repeats. And he walks over to us. "Shit!" she whispers.

"Hey girls." he says.

"What do you want?" Heather asks .

"Just tell Mariah I'm still waiting for her to say yes." he winks before walking away to wherever he came from.

As the game went on our side started to lose. And I guess Zia noticed by what she said.

"Guys we're losing and soon we will have to play." she said. Throughout the game she had just been moving around dissing the balls and just not throwing them either. Heather and I would once in a whole actually throw them, not Ziana.

"Ya..." Heather said not really paying attention.

"I need to get out." she says. A ball almost hits us but Zia avoids it.

"To do that you need to get hit." I say and she nods as she dodges another one. "Then why do you dodge them?" I ask.

"I don't know. It's a reflex." she says just as a ball hits both of us lightly on our thighs.  "I'm out!" she yells walking away with her hands up. Both of us laugh at her before joining the game.

Once we were changing I asked Zia a question that has been bothering me.

"Hey Ziana?" I ask

"Yeh?" she replies

"Why do you hate Jason?" I finally ask.

"I don't hate him, I just don't like him, he's such a player so..." she answers.

"Oh...." is all I could say.