Chapter 31 ~ You win

"That's it I give up!" I yell at them exasperated.

"What?" Mariah asked confused.

"I'm done, I give up. You guys were right."

"Still have no idea what you're saying."

"I'm saying that I might like him."

"Well that's nice of you to point it." out."

I sigh and sit at the bench. All of this exhausts me. I hate boys. Every since I met him everything became about him. He ruined everything. I was fine. I can't hold all of this. I walk anyway from my friends, hoping they won't ask anything about it. I just want time to myself. Without any distraction just to think. To process all of this. I find myself alone in the parking lot. I breathe out slowly. Hoping to release all this stress. Ever since this boy came around I just...have been losing myself. I forget things easier and find myself t thinking about him a lot. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I check the notification bubble, 16 Unread Messages. It buzzes again, 17. I open one from Mariah because it seem like she's the most rational person.

Hey, where did you go?

Where are you?

Are you okay?

Jacqueline?! Why aren't you answering me?

What's wrong?

I begin to type my own message to reply to the rest.

I'm alri

A massive shadow casts upon me. I turn over to see a man dressed in a black business suit. I have never seen before. I quickly take a step back, bumping into another huge man dressed in the same suit.

"Ummm....it was nice to see you guys but I best be on my way," I say to them nervously. One stopped me when started to walk away.

He says nothing.

"What would you want from me? I literally have 20 dollars and their not even on me."

They didn't seem to care, as one of them took a gun out of the inside of his coat and brought it closer to me. I swear I'm going to pee. I closed my eyes waiting for the loud noise that didn't happen. I felt a sharp pain on the side of my head instead. I was out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Harry's P.O.V.

*2 days later*

"What do you mean, you haven't found her yet?" I yell angrily at the police.

"Sir, we are trying."

"Try harder!" I did not wait so long just to lose her now. I will not lose her, if I do...I'll lose myself.

"Please! You need to find my daughter!!" Her mother cried to them.

"It's been two days!! And you're still not any closer to finding my little girl." Her dad was even breaking down. The strongest man I have ever met, the very man that I looked up to, the same man that was like another dad to me was breaking infront of my very eyes. And I didn't know how to help. I couldn't help him. I knew it, he knew it. In the end, we were all breaking. I couldn't hold it no more, I rushed out the doors. The cool breeze hit my face, I sat on the curb outside of the police station where all they did was assure us they were doing all that they can. I haven't slept or ate since I got the call. Louis had called me straight after getting a call of his own from Leeroy. Eating is not another perk for me either. I've thrown up 5 times since then. I don't feel very good about it either.But nothing, nothing is worse than losing her. I've lost her once, but now. Now it's different.

Sighing I get up off the curb. I walk down the street. Alone. Just with my thoughts to keep me company.

I must have been out of it for a long time because I find myself far from where I started. The police station out of sight. The red, white, and blue lights blind me still. It's not from a cop car. My hearing comes back as I realize its an ambulance. The sirens blare at me. As if it was trying to tell me something. It brings me back to the day I lost her for the very first time. It was fair then. It wasn't fair for none of us. Especially not her.
Melody.....it's her. It was her, wasn't it? In that ambulance?

The wind hits my ears as I run down the street like there's fire at my feet. I have to make sure it's not her. I have to. I run the hospital. I run in the emergency room. I feel my heartbeat speed up as if in any moment it was going to jump out of my chest.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jackie's POV

I hear that distant yet familiar beep. That steady beeping. The one that represents my heartbeat. I'm in the hospital. Slowly I open my eyes to the blurry sight. Then I see him. The guy of my dreams. I reach up to his beautiful face. I keep my hand on his cheek. He's real. This is real.

"It was you."

"It was me." He chuckles quietly with tears in his green eyes.