Chapter 16: Before And After The Final Battle

THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE:
It's been a few months since Astrid found out she was pregnant. Her and Hiccup have gotten closer (believe it or not) through her months of pregnancy. Astrid wasn't too comfortable while being pregnant, and hated having her mixed emotions and unlikely emotions come out. But after Hiccup talked to her, she would feel so much more comfortable and happy that Hiccup is the father and the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Everyone would keep asking about the gender but Hiccup and Astrid wanted to see the gender once the baby's born.

Once Astrid was seven months into her pregnancy, the gang was planning their final battle on Berserker island towards Johann and Krogan. Hiccup wasn't worried about himself getting hurt...he was much more than terrifying that Astrid and/or they're unborn child would get hurt. Before taking their places and heading off to join the battle, Hiccup pulled Astrid aside for a second.
"Astrid listen.." "I'll be fine. We'll be fine. You don't need to worry so much about me Hiccup when you know I'll make it out alive and ok". "Astrid that's the one thing I'm worrying about the most. If you get hurt, so would our child. In any way of them even touching you our child could get a sickness of some sort. Astrid, you should either come with me, or go back home to the edge. I just...don't want you or your child to get hurt. The thought of someone hurting two of the most precious people in the world to me...is just...is just..." Hiccup said while holding Astrid's hand with one hand and gently rubbing her stomach with the other. Hiccup held his head down shedding a tear while thinking about loosing the two most precious people in his life that he needed by his side. Astrid put her hand on Hiccup's cheek and gave him a grin. He let his cheek fall into her hand making him feel so safe in her hand. She put her other hand on his other cheek and raised his head up towards her face. She kissed him so passionately and deep which made Hiccup feel so warm inside. Hiccup put one of his arms around her waist and the other still on her stomach. After pulling away Astrid gave Hiccup another smile and nodded. "Wait, really?" Hiccup asked. "Well, I'd rather fight by your side while protecting our child than go back to the edge and help you guys in no way". They held each other's hands and snuck into the ice fortress. "Wow" Astrid and Hiccup said in awe. Once they saw the dragon egg, Hiccup was about to pick it up before turning around to see Johann and Krogan. "I guess we're now adding eggs to the menu. Along with Hiccup's pregnant girl. Your pretty far aren't you? Seven, eight months perhaps?" Johann said before Astrid rolled her eyes. "I knew I should've told you to stay at the edge" Hiccup said doubting his words. "But I wouldn't have listened" Astrid replied. "I guess that's true. Be careful Astrid". "Don't worry Hiccup I will".
And that's exactly what happened. For the first time in a long time Astrid didn't get captured or hurt. She took it slow but deadly against Johann and Krogan, protecting her child with her life.
At the end of all of it, they all left the edge. While they were flying back, everyone was coming up with all kinds of names for Hiccup and Astrid's child but none of them were to their liking.
After two to three weeks back on Berk everyone was settled back at home. Astrid was about a week away from her due date and everyone was so excited! Once she was five days until her due date, her and Hiccup went for a walk along the beach.
"So...we're gonna be parents in a few days!" "I know! I have to admit, it was kinda fun being pregnant". "Well, I know one things for certain" Hiccup said. "What" Astrid asked. "This child is gonna have the best mom in all of Berk...because their mother is the most amazing, beautiful and fierce person I know. Astrid Hofferson". They both turned towards each other, leaned in and kissed passionately for a while. After a while Astrid got a little uncomfortable. Hiccup noticed and pulled away. "Do you want me to stop?" He asked her. "Not yet" she said and quickly pulled back in again until after that she heard a noise. "Are you peeing right now?" Hiccup said. Astrid held her stomach and kneeled down a little bit. "Hiccup, my water just broke. It's time. I need to get to Gothi now!" Astrid said feeling so many pains and emotions while Hiccup started panicking until he saw Toothless. Hiccup hopped onto Toothless and held Astrid in his arms. "We'll be there as soon as we can Astrid. I promise you". Once they landed everyone rushed over to them. "ITS TIME! WHERES GOTHI?!" Hiccup yelled and Gothi came from around the corner and led them into her house to have the baby...

That's all for now! I'll post the next part as soon as I can. Bye for now guys!👋🏻👋🏻