Chapter 23

"Will you tell me what's going on already?" I tugged my hand from Kakashi's after he pulled me into a hotel room. If Sakura and the other boy-I think he called himself Naruto-hadn't followed along, I might be scared that I foolishly let him pull me into some trap.

But now I was getting annoyed. The entire walk here he wouldn't tell me what this was about. In fact, even the other two seemed to look nervous and avoid the subject when I asked. The juvenile in me decided to pester the blonde by calling him Naru when he wouldn't straight up answer me.

Kakashi took a deep breath as he tried to prepare himself for whatever turn this might take. Before he could respond, Akita stepped out from the bathroom. She had a smile on her face as if nothing had gone arigh and her composure did not give away how nervous Kakashi had made her just an hour ago.

"Keiko, please take a seat" she spoke to me.

She knows me too?...Am I supposed to know her or did they tell her my name. I gave her a puzzled look, but did as she said. I took a seat on the chair behind me without breaking eye contact with her, as if she'd do something the moment I averted my gaze.

"So...what am I here for?" I asked again, a little calmer this time.

"Well, you see Keiko-"

"I just have a few questions I need to ask you" Kakashi started his attempt to tell Keiko what was going on, but Akita cut in.

"Ok..."

Akita pulled a chair from across the room closer to me and sat down, facing me. She didn't ask anything at first. Her eyes just flickered over my face, watching me, studying me. "Keiko, how old are you?" She finally asked.

I looked at her slightly confused by the question, then at the other three. "What does my age have to do with the festival?" I asked. He did say this had to do with the festival, right?

I felt a hand lay gently on my knee and looked back at Akita. "I know it sounds like an odd question, but it is important to this matter."

I was still confused, but I answered nonetheless. "I'm twelve, but I'll be thirteen in just a few months" I answered, excited by the thought of finally being able to call myself a 'teenager'.

"And you're here at the festival with your Father, isn't that right?" Akita asked, remembering what Kakashi had told her. I nodded my head. "Do you know where your Father is now?" She asked. She was trying to see if the lack of his presence would trigger anything.

"He's at the Music Hall. He always gets up early to work Sunday's recital so he can be done for lunch together."

Her teammates looked at each other worriedly. She hadn't just forgotten some memories, she's forgotten who she is at this point in time. Naruto crept up beside Akita and whispered in her ear.

"Is that so..." Akita commented to herself as he stepped away. Swiftly, her attention was back on me. Her eyes started darting back and forth between my face and down my body. "Keiko, my goodness-" she feigned shock when she looked down one more time, "-what happened to your arm?"

"What?" I glanced down, confused, at my left arm, but saw nothing.

"No, the other one" I held it up in the air, twisting it side to side as if that would help reveal something in the light. But I didn't notice a thing. Just the same clear smooth skin as when I woke up.

"I don't see anything." I laid my arm back in my lap, "what are you talking about?" Now she looked confused, and deep in thought.

Naruto's mouth was agape, completely shocked that I could look at those scars and still see nothing, trigger nothing.