Chater 45

A/N: I feel like I must have jinxed myself in a good way. I post that I'm so busy and won't be able to do but a chapter a week, and then I publish 3 in 1 week. Let's see if I can keep up this jinxing streak. I will not win the lottery this week...now cross your fingers and we'll see how this goes! Lol

Kakashi tried to open the front door, but it didn't budge. He rustled the keys out of his pocket before jangling them in the lock.

"Sorry I'm late-" the door swung open to a dark house, "-Keiko?" He questioned as he stepped inside. It was too quiet or dark for anyone to be home. Kakashi glanced at the clock, confirming that it was only 6:30. He was late, but not that late. Maybe she went ahead to the restaurant...maybe if I had told her where I planned to take her...

Kakashi checked the home phone's voicemail-no heads up that she was also going to be late. He checked the bedroom, the bathroom, it didn't look like she had been back home to get ready either. Had things run that long with meeting the surrogates that she still wasn't done? But that was hours ago.

Kakashi rummaged through his closet, changing from his Hokage robe as he continued to wonder where his wife could be.

Now that I think about it, she hasn't had a whole day away from Kaori in three years...maybe an evening, but not a whole day...I bet she couldn't stop herself he chuckled at the thought, shaking his head as he figured she had to be at Sakura's.

*Knock*Knock*

Kakashi ran his fingers one more time through his hair, fixing the bumps where his Kage hat had matted it down.

The knob turned "Hello...Hinata?" He asked with a tilt to his head when the newest Uzumaki answered the door.

"Hello Kakashi-sensei" she gave a half bow and opened the door wider for him to come in.

He stepped inside to find Tenten, Ino and Temari all gathered inside. They sat amongst the couches while their babies were rolling around the floor together. Kakashi chuckled at the sight, feeling like it was just yesterday that they were all fresh from the academy and being assigned to team's.

"Having a party?" He wondered, worried now that he had imposed by having her watch Kaori; who of course was loving it up sitting amongst the babies on the floor.

Hinata just shrugged her shoulders, "I guess you could call it that. The boys decided to go out tonight together, so we just thought we'd stay in together."

"There's no such thing as too much help with babies." Temari added in as Shikadai yanked at the necklace she was wearing. Tenten quickly helped her out, untangling his tiny little hands from her jewelry and putting a toy in them instead.

"Were you supposed to meet up with the boys here?" Ino asked curiously.

"No, I-" Sakura stepped back in from the kitchen and gasped when she saw "-came to go over some details with Sakura about watching Kaori tonight."

Sakura nodded her head to the kitchen and he followed her into the room. She closed the door behind him, then sat down at the breakfast nook.

"I guess I don't need to ask if you've seen Keiko today" Kakashi assumed by the look on her face. Like there was something she knew that he didn't. Sakura nodded her head.

"Is she still here?" And now she shook her head. "Can you at least tell me where she's at now? I was going to take her out to dinner. She was supposed to meet me at home an hour ago and she's not there."

"She's still not home?" Sakura finally spoke up, surprised. It was unlike Keiko to stand up Kakashi...but then again this wasn't a typical day. "When the girls showed up, the guys were still with them, and Naruto dragged her off to join them. But that was hours ago."