Chapter 9

We were back in Konoha and with the mission over we had each gone our separate ways home. Throughout the journey back, I had struggled with myself with what to do next. Kakashi seemed troubled with himself that he had gotten so caught up in the moment after we left the brothel. I'm sure him being my Sensei and me being under 18 had a quite a bit to do with that, but I didn't care and I didn't want him to care either.

It's not that I had suddenly developed feelings for him in that moment. No, I still had enough sense to know that was not a road to go down. He wouldn't want me like that, I'm probably too damaged for that, so I knew I shouldn't want him like that either. But, it wasn't until the moment he touched me the way he did that I realized how lonely I had become, how cold I was from how detached I had become from the companionship of others. And I wanted that feeling he gave me back. I wanted to feel it again and again, and I knew he was the only one I could feel that with...he's the first person I've trusted to get so close to me. I don't know why, but I have and I want him for it. 

I didn't stay home long after I got back to my apartment. For the first time in ever, my shower lasted longer than 10 minutes. By the time I was done, my hair was tousle dried and strawberry shampoo fresh, everything shaved ;-) and legs smooth with shea butter lotion. I felt nervous, but excited at the same time by the idea that had been running through my head. I still couldn't believe my own self that I was contemplating this...or will I chicken out when the moment comes?

Shaking all doubt from my head, I locked up and headed for Kakashi's apartment complex.

Narrator's POV

A surprise waited inside for Kakashi when he entered his apartment after turning in the mission paperwork at the Hokage's office. And a surprise it certainly was.

"Kakashi!" Before the doorknob had clicked shut, a pair of arms flung around his neck making him stumble back into the door. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders mostly to help stable himself, then pushed aside her long brown hair that obscured his vision in her haste. "Oh, I'm so glad you're back. I missed you so much"

"Deana?" He hesitated, a little disturbed that she was inside his apartment. He glanced over her shoulder and from the looks of it he wondered if she had been here for a day or so "How did you get in here?"

Deana remained with her head buried against his chest, not daring to look up at him. Kakashi grabbed her shoulder, pulling her back to look her in the eyes, but she just cast her gaze to the ground. "Deana?"

"With my key" Her tone was soft, nervous.

"Your key?" Kakashi repeated in confusion. Never had he given her a key to his apartment. Never had he given any woman a key to his apartment in his life. "How did you get a key, Deana?" 

"I made it."

"You made it" Again Kakashi kept repeating what she said, his tone increasingly more flabbergasted with every word. 

Finally Deana looked up at him, her eyes already big and pleading for forgiveness. "I didn't think you'd mind. I just figured we were at that stage in our relationship-"

Normal POV

I couldn't help but take notice of what sounded like a female voice just before rapping my knuckles on Kakashi's door. It sounded like they were arguing, and now I was the curious cat certain to be punished for my eavesdropping if I was caught; but still I couldn't help myself. I backed away from the door and stood to the side against the wall, still just close enough to a window to hear.