Chapter 2

"I'm Kian by the way." The tall boy said as I buckled up.

"Briar." I said, looking at him.

He looked about 6'0", tall for 17 or 18. He has blue, green hair and brown eyes. He is very muscular, showing his muscles off with his tank top.

"So, is this your first family? You seem kinda shy?" He asked. I just laughed at him.

"First family? Try fifteenth." I said.

"Really? You've been given up that many times?" He asked, wide-eyed. I nodded slightly.

I stared out the window for the rest of the ride, ignoring any conversation in the background. I watched as the bright California around me zoomed by.

"So Briar, are you excited?" Mrs. Lawley asked me.

I hesitated a bit. I'm used to speaking the truth, but I have to do a few white lies.

"Yeah, so what town do you live in?" I asked.

"Los Angeles, why?" Mr. Lawley asked.

"Oh no reason." I looked back out the window.

Los Angeles is where my REAL family used to live.

I just remember being hit, wiped, and beaten by them. I remember one time my dad even raped me. I'll never get that memory out of my mind.

Now they live in prison, having fun.

The car began to slow down as we entered a street.

All of the houses are huge! "So this is your new neighborhood Briar." Mr. Lawley said.

"Wow Mr. Lawley! It's amazing!" I said in awe.

"Oh, call us mom and dad." Mrs. Lawley sweetly said.

"Ok!" I quickly replied, then looked back out the window.

We came to a slow stop as we pulled into a HUGE driveway.

Me and Kian hopped out of the car. I just stood there and embraced the surroundings. Everything was beautiful and clean. The hedges were neatly trimmed, houses were beautifully painted, flower beds nicely treated.

"Welcome to Casa De Lawley!" Kian said as he put his hand out towards the house.

I looked up and kept my mouth from falling open. It's....BEAUTIFUL!!!