Chapter 13

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness. Now I wish I didn't leave Kian.

It was him.

"I thought you were in jail?" I asked, terror in my voice. He could tell I was afraid.

"I was...until I got help from a someone." He said.

"Don't be scared. I am the one who made you." He smirked.

I shook my head. "Take your hands off me you douche." I said.

"Shhhh," he placed his finger over my lips,"now I need you to get something for me." He said. "You live with some of the richest people you know? And that's not fair for a poor little girl like you. So you need to steal something very precious to the Lawley's. The mothers ring. You get it for me, I sell it, and then I'm free. You have 72 hours to do so." He said.

He put his hand away from my mouth and reached into his pocket.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping that some living being would hear.

He quickly took a knife out of his pocket and placed it to the side of my face. "And if you don't, I'll do worse than this." He dragged the knife down my face, ripping my skin open.

He stopped and wiped the blood off the knife. He shoved it back in his pocket.

"Better head home before you're precious family starts to worry." He laughed. He stood up off of me and ran.

Blood is now dripping down my face and off of my chin. The cut was pretty bad. My vision became blurry. I can't die like this. I stood up and began to run to my house.

When I reached it I ran through the door. Everyone was worried. "Oh my god! Briar!" Sam and JC yelled.

My legs became weak and I fell to the ground. "Someone call 911!" Sam yelled as he took me in his arms. He carried me over to the couch and Connor ran over with a first aid kit.

"No! I got this!" He yelled.

"Who did this?" My mom asked.

"Him. It was him." I stuttered.

My dad's eyes grew wide.

"Who is him?" Trevor asked.

"Frank, Frank Trobus." My dad said. I lightly nodded as Connor wiped down my cut.

"I'm calling the police. We are in danger." He said.

"No! He'd kill me!" I shot up.

"Briar, lay back down." Ricky said calmly.

"Briar, he's gonna kill us all if we don't catch him!" My dad yelled as he dialed in the phone number.

___________A/N__________

Is Briar gonna get the ring for her father?