Chapter 9

BRIAR'S POV

We pulled up in front of a GIANT high school.

Teenagers were everywhere, wearing designer clothes and carrying around designer bags. Now I understand why Andrea took me shopping, she wanted me to fit in. If I was caught wearing my normal clothes and hanging around hero, she's be bullied for hanging around with me. So she wasn't trying to be my friend.

"Have a fun first day Briar!" My mom said.

"I'll try." I said to her. She took off.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to some people." Kian said as he grabbed my wrist.

"Kian! I can't run in these shoes!" I laughed as he continued to pull me.

"Kian!" Someone yelled.

"Hey Joey! Joey, this is my adopted sister Briar." He said.

"My majesty." Joey got on one knee and bowed. I began to laugh and so did he and Kian.

Soon I saw Sam and Trevor talking. I began to walk over to them when I was stopped by a group of girls.

"You're new huh?" One asked. She has beach blonde hair.

"Well ya but," I began but another one of them cut me off.

"I don't care. We saw you with Kian Lawley." She said.

"And? He's my brother." I said.

"Well I'm Audrey, and this is Chloe and Heather." The blonde chick said.

"I'm Briar." I said. They walked away without saying anything.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Sam and Trevor.

"Hi." I said.

"You were not talking to the Three Bitches, were you?" Sam asked.

"Who? Them?" I pointed to the girls. They were now flirting with a group of senior guys.

"Don't talk to them. They're horrible. They're always trying to get up Kian's pants." Trevor said.

"Ok ok." I put my hands up in surrender.

The bell rang and I found Kian. He took me to the office where two old lady's sat at desks.

"Why hello Mr. Lawley." One of them said.

"Hi, this is the girl my family adopted. It's her first day." He said.

"Ok, I'll just have to ask you some questions." She said to me.

"Any allergies?"

"Nope."

"Medical conditions?"

"Does anxiety count?"

"Name?"

"Briar Trobus." I whispered. She gasped. "I am so sorry." She said. Does everybody know my parents?

"Who were you're last family?"

"Carrie and Thomas Prindle."

"And would you like to sign up for chorus or band?

"Both." I said. She printed out my schedule and handed it to me. "You're first class is room B211. The bell will ring any moment now." She said.

Once the bell rang, I was off. I only have 3 minutes to find my class. I'm so thankful they have signs saying what rooms are down each hall. I scanned the walls for the 4 digits. Finally I found it.

I grabbed the handle at the same time as this other guy.

"Oh, ladies first." He said. I looked up to him and boy was he cute!