Chapter 10

SAM'S POV

I was walking to English class when I saw Briar. She was talking to someone. When that someone turned around, I knew instantly who it was.

Brett Hall, the hottest guy in the entire school. She can't fall for him. He breaks every girls heart. I interrupted their conversation, I had to.

"Bri, you're in this class!" I said as I hugged her.

"Hi Sam." She said taken aback.

"Let's go get our seats." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to two desks in the back of the class.

"Don't talk to him." I demanded.

"Brett? Why? He seems so nice!" She said.

"You don't understand. He...." I was cut off by the teacher.

"Samuel, do you have anything to share with the class?" She asked.

"No, in just explaining to Briar what we have been studying, she's new." I blurt out.

"Ah, yes. Mrs. Trobus." She announced. Everyone gasped.

"You're the daughter of the psycoparents!" Emily yelled.

"Be careful everyone, she might have a knife with her." Carter said.

I looked over to her and she had tears in her eyes. The teacher walked out of the classroom.

"Why would anyone adopt the daughter of the psychoparents?" Ty asked. Everyone began laughing.

Briar stood up. "She's gonna attack!" Adam yelled. Everyone hid underneath their desk.

I looked up to her as tears began to stream down her face. She ran off to the bathroom.

BRIAR'S POV

People began saying bad stuff about me and how I was psycho just like my parents. I've had enough.

I stood up as someone yelled,"She's gonna attack!" Then everyone hid underneath their desk.

I ran out into the hall and to the girls bathroom.

I ran into one of the stalls and locked the door. I put my face in my hands. They haven't even heard my side of the story and they are already judging me. Just because my parents went crazy means I will too!

There was a knock on the door. I wiped the tears and opened the door. It was that girl, Heather.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm here for you if you ever need help. I'm a foster kid too." She said.