Chapter 4

Andrea is so nice!

She took me on a three hour shopping spree and payed for everything. She said that she has to much money than she knows what to do with.

Apparently she is some sort of YouTuber that gets paid a lot. What the hell is YouTube?

We pulled into the driveway of my new house. She helped me bring the bags into the house since there were so many.

"Divas coming through!" Kian yelled in a girly teenager voice.

"Shut up!" Andrea laughed.

We walked up to my room and began to unpack the clothes.

Andrea looked at her phone shortly after.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. I have a family dinner I have to go to." She said.

"Well bye!" I gave her a hug as she left.

I finished folding my clothes and putting it away as Kian entered my room.

"First day here and you already have a best friend." He laughed.

"You jealous?" I laughed.

"No, my friends are coming over in about an hour." He said as he left the room.

I wonder if his friends will like me? Will they make fun of me like the other families friends? It can't happen again! Not another Jacob!

FLASHBACK

Me and Jacob walked the crowded high school halls. "I'll see you at lunch." He said. We went our separate ways.

*In the lunchroom*

I punched in my number and picked up my tray. As I was walking to a table, some of Jacob's friends flipped my tray of mozzarella sticks and sauce and it spilled all over my outfit. (Jacob is the son of the foster family.) Everyone was laughing, even my only friend, Jacob. "Loser!" He screamed. I ran out of the room.

FLASHBACK OVER

I shook the memory off and grabbed my guitar.

I sat down on my spiny chair and began to play Viva La Vida by Coldplay, one of my favorite bands.

I hear Jerusalem's bells a-ringing

A Roman Calvary choir a-singing

Be my mirror, my sword, my shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

I know St Peter won't call my name

Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world

I sang along to the rest of the song.

I played the last few notes as the doorbell rang. Must be Kian's friends.

I began to stress out. What if they think of me as a fake? They probably will.

I placed my guitar back on its stand and ran over to my mirror.

I fixed my naturally straight light brown hair. I replaced my beanie over it and began down the stairs.

I stopped when I heard a bunch of guys talking.

"You didn't tell us you were getting a foster sister!" One of them yelled.

"Is she hot?" Another asked. Typical boys. I listened in on their conversation.

"Guys, treat her like she's part of the O2L family because she is." Kian said.

One of the floorboards creaked and they looked up to me. All of their eyes went wide.

"Guys, this is Briar." He introduced me.

"Hi." I said quietly as I continued down the stairs. I reached the end and they introduced themselves.

There's Connor, Ricky, Sam, JC, and Trevor and they are all REALLY cute!