Chapter 15

"Briar! Get up quickly!" Kian screamed.

The bright sun was blinding me as soon as I opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and adjusted to it.

Ugh, another day at hell aka high school. I slowly walked down the stairs, not bothering to get dressed first.

I completely forgot about what had happened last night before I heard the TV downstairs.

"Frank Trobus, has recently escaped from local Los Angeles prison. 8 years ago him and his wife were arrested for child abuse to their daughter, Briar Trobus. Police are on high alert, searching around the area of Highlope Rd, where he was spotted last night at 9:42 pm. All Los Angeles schools are shut down until further notice or until they get him locked up again. Thank you and now back to weather with Jeff." The lady on the news said.

Everyone looked up to me. "I see you're up." My dad said. I nodded and continued down the stairs.

"It's all over the news. Everyone knows about it." Kian said.

"Good thing is no school for as long as he is loose." Trevor said, putting on a fake smile.

"If everyone knows about it, then my dad knows about it! He will know I ratted him out! Now I'm really dead!" I yelled. I ran back up to my room. It's too early for this shit. This drama is making me so stressed out.

I hopped back in my bed and began to cry, thinking about how he can kill me.

"Knock knock." I wiped my eyes and looked over to the door to see the six guys.

"Briar, just know that we will protect you no matter what happens." Connor said.

"We would all take a bullet for you." Sam said.

"You are a beautiful girl and don't deserve this bullshit." JC said.

At that moment, three girls ran through the doorway. Two of them unfamiliar.

"Oh, this is Lia and Shelby. You already know Andrea." Ricky said.

The three girls walked over to a guy. Shelby went to Ricky, Andrea went to Kian, and Lia went to JC.

"I'm so happy you're safe baby." Lia kissed JC on the lips. My heart broke a little. I really like JC.

The guys left except for Sam. "So tomorrow night there is a party at one of my friends houses. I want to know if you'd go with me." He hung his head low.

"Of course I'll go with you Sam." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Awesome!" He said as he exited my room.

Sam just basically asked me out. Yes, I do like him ALMOST as much as I love JC. JC already has a girlfriend, Lia. All girls can't have their dream prince but I got one of mine.

Sam is just so nice and sweet and outgoing. He'd do anything to protect me from getting hurt. I'm glad he asked me to the party.

But then it came to me. Tomorrow night is the end of 72 hours(i know it isn't but go along with it). My heart started racing. I felt like it was going to explode out of my chest it was beating so fast.