Chapter 26

"Careful!" Kian yelled as him and Sam attempted to get me into the car.

Today is the day I get to go back home. I've been dreaming of this day for the past week and a half. No more yucky hospital food and needy nurses. They are always complaining how they have the shortest break. Well how would you feel if your knee had been shattered by a hammer and your skull cracked?

After about 10 minutes, I was in and my wheelchair and crutches were in the trunk.

"You happy to be going home?" He asked.

"Hell ya. Goodbye hospital!" I said as he started up the car.

"Well just know that you are never going to go to another party ever again." He laughed.

The car sped off. I watched out the window as the world zoomed by. I'm just so happy that my life can be normal now. Who am I kidding, it'll never be normal!

"Earth to Briar!" Sam said. I shook my head. "Sorry, yeah?" I asked.

"We'll we are home." Kian laughed.

"Oh," I unbuckled. The guys ran to my door and helped me out. Sam handed me my crutches and I made my way to the front door.

"The princess is home!" Kian yelled. Mom and dad came running from the kitchen to greet us.

"Hi honey! How's your leg?" My mom asked as she hugged me.

"A lot better." I answered.

We all sat down on the couch and began talking about the things I've missed while I was in the hospital.

"So no more school until August!" My dad said. "Lucky you only got one day."

"Oh and the doctors called and said that you're getting your cast off in three days.(I know, unreal. But I don't want her to be in the cast for the entire story.) Until then you'll just have lay around." My mom said.

Sam's phone began to buzz. "Sorry guys but I got to go. Family emergency." He quickly stood up.

"I'll see you guys later!" He said before running out of the house.

"I wonder what happened?" My dad asked.

"Well I'm going to start cooking dinner. We are having grilled chicken." She walked back into the kitchen.

"Dad, can you leave for a sec?" Kian asked.

"Of course." He walked up the stairs.

"Briar, you need to know that Lia is bad news. Even is she is in jail, she'll find a way out. And I'm gonna protect you from now on. 24/7 you aren't leaving my side. I just don't want you to die." He said.

"I understand. If you were in my position, I'd be doing the same thing." I nodded.

"And that is why you are my sister." He said.