chapter 5

Raina in the mm.
••

Dariah-Imani

And oh, you're gonna love me
You're gonna wanna hug me and squeeze me Sometimes we say things that we really don't mean
We do things in between the lines
We should do more than stand out
I'm sorry if I made you feel less than who you are
A little insecure, oh, you's a shining star

Teyana's voice blared from my phone alarming me from my peaceful sleep. I sucked my teeth, and grabbed my phone pressing the snooze button falling back asleep. Not a second later, Chris barges in my room yelling to wake up.

"ARGGGGG" I screamed into my pillow, wishing he would go away.

"It's your first day of schoooooool" Chris coo'd. But I ignored him hoping he'd leave. "I didn't want to have to do this but you leave me no choice...". I didn't know what he meant but I remained put. "SOLDIERS ASSEMBLE" I heard Chris call out then I felt my bed dip.

"Last chance D" Chris said, but I gave him no response once again.

All of a sudden, my blanket was ripped off me and I felt buckets of wet liquid all over me causing my eyes to shoot open. I saw Trey, August, and Tory in a line with empty buckets hovering me.

"Now baby girl !"

Royalty dumped flour all over my face and Dave was next to Chris recording.

Words could not describe the amount of anger inside me right now, my blood was boiling. I sat up just staring at them all laugh for about 5 minutes in silence.

"We're..done" Trey said in between laughs, but I didn't crack a smile. I got up and walked to my bathroom in silence, locked the door and took a long shower making sure to get the flour out my hair.

I walked out my bathroom with my towel tightly secured around my body, walking into my closet ignoring their presence. Not sure why they were all still there. I picked out a Burgundy halter top with blue jeans (ankle part rolled up) and Burgundy vans. After putting my outfit on, I walked back to my bathroom putting my hair into a half up half down hairstyle. Then I walked past everyone going downstairs to the kitchen.

"We're sorry Aunty" Royalty apologized, pulling on my pants.

I wasn't sure if I should I answer her or ignore her because she was a child and I knew I wasn't able to ignore her.

"It's fine" I mumbled and gave her a small smile. "Close your ears real quick Ro" I told her and waited for her to do so before turning around to face the boys. "While I go to school, you better clean my shit"

With that, I left the house and put the school address in the GPS speeding off. Once I got to the school, I went straight to the main office to pick up my schedule.

"Hello, May I help you?" A brunette lady asked.

"Uh yeah.. I'm here for my schedule" I told her.

"Your name?"

"Dariah-Imani Brown"

"Mhm..Dariah..Dariah" She hummed typing on her computer, "OH right here, let me print it out" She got up and went to get it then came back handing it to me.