chapter 20

Thank y'all for 3K reads, views, and the comments. This might not be the best book but thanks for reading and voting. 😗 feel free to correct slang, mistakes, or to leave reactions. I'm gonna include more POV's.

••

Dariah-Imani

It was mid afternoon, I was in the car on my way to go to Raina's house so we could talk since we fell off. As I drove, I thought about what happened yesterday with Dave. My memory was kind of vague but I knew something happened because I woke up in his bed naked.. he wasn't there though.

I pulled in to Raina's driveway and got out, ringing the door bell waiting for her to open the door. I decided to text Dave, hoping he wasn't in his moody state.

Me: where you at?

I change his contact name like 5x a week depending on my mood.

"Hey.."

I looked up from my phone to see Raina. "Hey" I said awkwardly. We stood there for a few seconds before she invited me in. I followed her to the living room and we sat next to each other on the coach.

"How have you- "

"Do you- " We talked at the same time, I thought it was so corny so I busted out laughing and she joined in.

"How are you?" She asked, after our laughs died down.

"I'm doing good, just hanging in there. ICE hasn't come knocking on my door yet, and I was thinking of ways to make the marriage more public"

"He should post about you being his wife, you know the shade room will make that go viral real quick" She laughed.

"Oh shit, I didn't even think of that. I'll run it by Dave but he's so hard headed so it'll take some time" I told her.

"How have you guys been.. together?" Raina asked.

I sighed. "Honestly, it hasn't been that bad but his girl Vanessa is like a bug she won't go away"

"He's still with her?" She gasped.

"Yes girl" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh no.."

"Yeah, but i'll fix that. You think I should go back to Forever 21? I need a job, I can't sit on my ass all day"

I'm really lazy but I like hard work. It's weird, I want to sleep all day but sometimes that gets boring and I need to be active.

"Yeah, Roscoe loves you. Always talking about how he misses you" She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Aw that's cute, I might go back then find like a daycare job. I love kids and I wanna do something I like to do you know"

"Yeah I get what you mean, I know a few places actually. I'll send you their numbers and location"

"Great, How have YOU been? enough about me. We're sisters now" I smiled at her.

"I've been alright.. I got into a college into the college in new york, LA, and chicago. I don't know which i'm going to but I think I might go to new york or chicago" She cheesed. I could tell she was passionate about this, and I was happy for her. "Also I was offered an internship in both places"