chapter 19

••

Dariah-Imani

"I DON'T CARE DAVE. I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH HER HERE"

I woke up to yelling so I wiped the crust out my eyes and creeped down the steps slowly & quietly so they wouldn't hear me. I stopped right at the last step to hear better.

"You gotta chill V" I heard Dave say.

"Chill? You want me to chill?" Vanessa responded.

"Didn't I just say that shit.. Stop yelling before you wake her"

I'm guessing they were arguing about me. Now I'm really interested.

"oh ok.. SO YOU WANT ME TO LOWER MY VOICE?" Vanessa purposely yelled.

"Vanessa you really know how to push a nigga's buttons"

"Well I wouldn't have to push your buttons if you didn't have another hoe laid up in your house"

Hoe? No baby, you the only hoe 'round here.

"Another hoe? so you one too?" He laughed.

"I'm not joking Dave. I want her out"

Im good luv.

"I can't do that" He sighed.

"Why not" She whined.

"It's complicated"

Oh so he didn't tell her that we were married. See i'm not the home wrecking type but I might just have a little fun with this information.

"There's nothing complicated with the fact that my boyfriend is living with a random bitch" She sarcastically responded irritatedly.

"She's not a random bitch, she's my bro's sister"

"Okay and she can live with him" She argued.

"Drop it" He said walking to the kitchen.

"No I won't drop it"

This conversation was getting boring and her voice was irritating me. I got up from the staircase and went back to the room to take a shower, once I got out I put on a black Nike shirt with black ripped jeans then headed back downstairs. There was yelling again.

"PUT HER OUT OR IM LEAVING YOU" Vanessa yelled.

Bye bye stank.

"So you just gonna leave me cause there's a female in my house that I have no contact with whatsoever" The loudness of his voice matched hers.

"Yes"

"I think you should go home and think about this then come talk to me when you start thinkin' straight"

There was a silent pause.

"So you really picking her over me?" Her voice cracked.