chapter 4

Royalty in the mm.

••

Dariah-Imani

Today was monday and I expected to go to school but then remembered I'm not in New york anymore. I got up early anyways and dressed in a black tube top & baggy ripped jeans with the bottom rolled up and white converse.

I grabbed a hand bag with my phone and some other things inside then headed downstairs where I was met with Royalty.

"Hey darling" I greeted her.

"Hi Aunty D" She replied hugging me.

"You don't have school?" I questioned.

"I do, but daddy's taking too long to get ready"

"Don't worry, I'll take you. Did you eat?"
She nodded.

"Alright let's go" I grabbed the keys and followed Royalty to the Mercedes outside.

After buckling her up in the back, I got in the drivers seat and backed out the drive way after sending Chris a text letting him know I was dropping Ro off.

"Do you know the way?" I looked back at her. She shook her head so I asked for the name of her school.

"I go to PattyCake Prep"
I put the name on the GPS and followed the directions to her school as we made small talk.

"So Ro, we still have to do our movie night. How about after school, I'll pick you up and we can go get our nails done?" I needed to do my nails and I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get along with my niece.

"YES OKAY" She seemed so excited about my idea causing me to giggle as I pulled up to her school. I got out the car and walked to the back seat helping her get out and walked her inside.

"Royalty Brown" I said to the teacher as I signed her in.

"Oh are you Chris's new assistant?" The teacher questioned.

"No.. I'm his sister" I guess she hadn't paid attention when everyone was talking about it, Royalty ran into her class to play with her friends.

I walked back to the car and drove back home so I could talk to Chris about school and work. I didn't have to work this week because the manager was sorting out my schedule which was fine by me because I needed to figure out my school situation.

I pulled up to the house and walked inside to be met with Chris and Gloria.

"Hey there, how are you?" Gloria greeted me giving me a hug.

"Hi Miss Gloria, I'm fine" I responded.

"Thanks for bringing RoRo to school" Chris thanked me.

"No problem.. so what's up with me and school?" I asked, sitting next to Chris on the couch.

"So I spoke to the principal at Gilbert High and he said since school is ending this month, you could attend the last few days and graduate with the other seniors or they could mail you your diploma" Chris explained.