chapter 30

I changed Dariah's child's name from Xiamara Brewster to Kaiya Xiamara Brewster.
••

OMNISCIENT

"Okay thank you, I owe you one" She hung up and looked at where the officers were supposed to be sitting. The seats were now empty. Maye panicked like never before, she jumped out of her seat and quickly phoned room 305.

Ring..Ring..Ring.

No answer.

Maye sprinted towards the elevator but it was occupied so she ran to the nearest stairs and sped up the stairs. She was tired and out of breath but she had to make it to room 305 before those officers.

Finally Maye reached the room but she was too late...

Dariah was sitting up alert and clearly in distress. Dave was standing next to her looking angry as ever. Her mother and father stood there with unreadable expressions.

"DONT TAKE HER" Maye ran into the room, completely unaware that the officers had not reached that room yet.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at the front desk lady like she was out of her mind. She just stood there trying to catch her breath.

"Excuse me?" Karlyn said.

"You have to go.. all of you"

"What are you talking about?" Dariah spoke up.

"ICE.. they're here ! Looking for you. I tried to stall" Maye expressed.

Panic flashed across Dariah's face and she quickly got up.

"We'll finish this later" She said to Dave with a frustrated tone.

Dariah tried to get up while Maye helped take the needles and cords off of her. Everyone rushed to get their stuff together and headed out the room, in order to avoid the officers they took the stairs. They, slowly but quickly, raced to the entrance where Dave and the lawyer parked when Dariah remembered..

"MY BABY !" She exclaimed. "Where's my baby?"

"Oh mighty Jesus" Karlyn cursed at herself for forgetting about her granddaughter.

"I'll go get her" Maye said, turning to go get Kaiya from the baby room. 

"I'm coming" Dariah attempted to follow but her mother stopped her.

"No you stay here, i'll go with Maye" Karlyn followed after Maye.

Dariah and Dave got into his car while Jaren hopped in the car with the lawyer. Jaren was sitting in the backseat trying to settle and process all the news while Dariah and Dave had restarted the argument they had before Maye interrupted.

"You're such an ungrateful son of a bitch" Dariah sucked her teeth.

"That's fine cause you one delusional ass thot tryna fuck around with me and my homeboy's cousin" He shrugged carelessly. His statement set more fire to the flames that were fuzzing out of Dariah's ears.

"First of all, I was TALKING with Vaughn.. you heard that? TALKING. and this marriage was never real according to you" She spat.