chapter 35

I really do not mean to rush this story. 💗
& foreal I really don't mean to take so long to update, all this school, cheer, and work stuff take me off track.

RECAP : Nico and Alicia had a therapy moment with Dariah before he flew back to new york. Tory and Dariah went to dinner, where she saw Dave and an ex classmate Trina. Dave didn't see her but Trina had threatened Dariah in the bathroom then Tory and Dariah had left & spent time together at the house. Chris and Royalty are on tour with Gloria, and Raina is at college.

••
Omniscient

"I'm ready for you to come back cause honey..." Dariah let out a dramatic sigh. Raina let out a sharp laugh, through the FaceTime call, at her sister.

"What happened?" Raina chuckled.

"Too much shit, the shit just don't stop coming. My life story should be damn movie" Dariah joked. "So Dave asked if I could watch Vincent while him and Vanessa go on a couples retreat and—"

"Say what?" Raina cut her off.

"Bitch i'm not done ! I was like aight ima think about it cause I don't know what my schedule is like but lowkey I feel like I owe it to him"

"You don't owe him shit. Yeah you guys have been through some crazy shit but that was all in the past and you guys should work on creating something new and positive instead of basing everything off the past" Raina explained.

Raina had always wanted her sister and Dave to be happy together but she knew it would be complicated because of Vanessa and now Tory. Still, she hoped in the future that they might be together.

"I know Rain.. I don't know, I might just say yes. Let him play with Kai and all, maybe i'll even invite Tory to keep me company" Dariah suggested, mainly to herself.

"Speaking of Tory, what's going on with y'all?"

"To be honest, he's such a sweet guy but I just don't think we belong together" Dariah shrugged.

Thank God, Raina thought.

"I feel so bad though" Dariah continued.

"Girl don't, you'll find your soul mate.. Tory's sweet and whatnot but you can do bad all by yourself, period"

Dariah playfully rolled her eyes at her sister, but ultimately she was mentally agreeing with her.

Dave: yo you busy? – 3:30pm

Dariah stared at the text message for a few seconds before sliding it down and replying.

Dariah: nah, why? what's up? – 3:31pm
Dave: come out with me. – 3:31pm

"But anyway I've been hiding something from you" Raina changed the subject while adjusting the phone in front of her window to give Dariah a full view of her face.

"Mhm" Dariah mumbled.

Dariah: to where? – 3:34pm
Dave: nowhere specific, just ride with me – 3:34pm

"I don't want you to be mad, I know we aren't supposed to keep secrets from eachother but you had stuff going on" Raina continued.