chapter 7

Dave East in the mm.

••

Dariah-Imani

I woke up to the sound of Teyana Taylor's voice again, in a better mood than yesterday morning. I think it had something to do with what happened last night with Dave. I pressed DONE on my phone to turn off the alarm and hopped in the shower. As I washed up, I thought about how Dave was starting to open up and I felt like I was getting close to accomplishing my goal of shooting my shot once I turn legal. Our age difference wasn't too bad, I'm turning 18 in a week and Dave is turning 23 soon.

I wasn't completely sure if he was into me yet but I know he will be soon enough so I wasn't stressing.

I got out the shower, did my usual, and put on a pink bodysuit with a jean skirt and pink FILA shoes. I cornrowed the front side of my hair and connected it at the back while the rest of my curly hair was down. After applying some lipgloss and doing my eyebrows, I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"DAVID" I hollered, looking at the time. It was 7:30, I still had another 30 minutes till school so I decided to make a small breakfast.

"Yo" A sleepy Dave walked in, sitting at the island.

"Well good morning to you too" I chuckled, mixing the eggs and cutting some vegetables.

"What you makin'" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing special, just eggs and pancakes" I responded, taking out the pancake mix and putting  two pans on the stove. After everything was ready I began frying the eggs and pancakes then when I was done I shared some for me and him. I passed Dave his plate and I took my seat.

"Thanks" He already started eating.

"No problem, eat fast I have school" I took the syrup then started eating.

Then I started laughing causing Dave to look at me confusingly.

"Um you good?" He asked, popping a piece from his pancake in his mouth.

"I just remembered how yesterday you were talkin' bout some 'I don't feel like cookin' and I ain't ready to taste yo cookin' but yet you're eating my food" I mocked Dave in a deep voice.

He busted out laughing. "Yo don't ever mock me, I don't even sound like that"

"Yeah you do, at least in my head you do" I giggled.

We finished up and Dave offered to take me to school so I got in and he dropped me off. I thanked him and was greeted by Raina once I got out the car.

"Hey!" Raina popped up.

"Hi.. you scared me"

"My bad, who's that person that dropped you?"'Raina whispered as we walked in the building.

She knew I was Chris's sister and that I would be around celebrities but I didn't think it was any of her business and I didn't want her to think something was going on between me and Dave.

"Just a driver" I answered.

"Oh.. you ready for gym?" She smiled as we walked into the locker room.