Something Borrowed.

Something Borrowed.

[SEQUEL TO MIRACLES]

'Michael?!' I called dropping my bags and heading to the kitchen, his usual spot.

'Uh yeah?' he said I heard him fumble with a few things. He looked at me wide eyed, his hands behind his back.

'Whats behind your back?' I questioned stepping towards him.

'Nothing,' he said his eyes jumping to every spot in the room but my eyes.

'Michael...' I trailed off taking a daring step forward.

'Its really nothing Sam, I swear,' he shook his head. I snatched whatever he had from his hands and unrolling it.

'Sam stop,' he said trying to take it back. I rolled my eyes and focused on the magazine in my hand. I read the three words across the front in bolded yellow.

'Harry Styles engaged...' I furrowed my brow rereading the words over and over again. They just didn't seem to process through my brain.

'I told you not to read it,' he said placing a stack of magazines on the counter.

'You bought all of those?' my voice was just above a whisper.

'Any place you could've been too I went and cleaned them out,' he shrugged.

'You didn't have to,' I said trying to find the strength to speak.

'I didn't want this to happen,' he said pointing to me.

'If he wants to get married and ruin his life so be it,' I shrugged going to the fridge.

'We can talk if you want?' he asked. I turned around to face him sipping on a water bottle.

'Talk about what? I'm so over it Michael it's not a big deal,' I shoved my water bottle back into the fridge and shut it a little to hard.

'She's going to start asking soon,' he said. I nodded chewing on my cheek.

'I don't know what I'm going to say,' I shook my head.

'Tell him.'

'Thats the one thing I won't do. I don't want anything to do with Harry Styles for the rest of my life,' I said eyeing the magazine.

'Ill leave you to it,' he said referencing to the magazine I was looking at. He disappeared into the living room and I heard him and Darcy's mumbles.

I eyed the magazine for a few minutes before giving up and taking it up to my room. I plopped down and continued to debate what to do. I had to face this one day? A boy like him doesn't stay single forever. I sighed and flipped through the pages until his familiar face appeared on the page. I jumped a bit. I haven't seen his face in a long, long time. It still had the same effect on me as it did when we were stupid teenagers. One thing changed though, he was even more beautiful. It's ridiculous.

"Sorry ladies! Harry Styles is officially tying the knot with girlfriend of four years, Ashley Sherlock. Get this? They've been engaged for three months now! Yes three months! How did hollywoods hottest couple keep their engagement so low key? Who knows! Harry is good at keeping secrets I guess."

I scoffed to my self muttering a few profanities before continuing.

"Ashley Sherlock was spotted yesterday walking with her sister Caitlin Sherlock with a massive diamond ring on her finger! I MEAN MASSIVE! Harry knows how to treat a woman! Harry doesn't seem like the settling down boy, but the past years he has had some long relationships. We know what's in the back of your mind, don't we? Was it Samantha Moncayo?"

My hand covered my mouth to keep myself from screaming. I scanned the page trying to find my spot.

"We are right aren't we? What happened to the tiny girl? She just disappeared off the face of the earth! Harry refuses to answer and questions about her, and Samantha doesn't want to be bothered with any of this. We had such high hopes for this couple! They seemed to be perfect for each other! Everything has to come to an end doesn't it? Harry seems to be completely over the whole Sam thing. Sam? Don't know. How would you feel if you were so close to being with Harry Styles? It would suck. She's the girl that was so close, the almost girl. Sam is just the girl who never was. That's all she will ever be."

I took the magazine and stormed to the bathroom. I tore it to shreds. Not a single page was left in tact. I looked at myself in the mirror ashamed. Disgusted with what I let myself become. How I have fucked up my life, my daughters life and anyone who has anything to do with me.

I promised myself that I would NEVER shed another tear over Harry Edward Styles. And here I am holding them back, feeling the sting in my eyes. I need to move on, get over him. He is clearly over me. It's hard to get over someone when you have to look at every single day.

I haven't seen Harry since the day I left. But every day I have to wake up and walk to the room down the hall and look at him. His sleeping daughter that is so much like him it scares me. She loves bananas like him. Loves to watch football on tv while eating crisps, like he use too. I have too look into her green eyes that remind me to much of him and Anne it hurts. Her pale and perfect complexion like Gem. I swear to you she laughs like just like him.

But what do I know right? I'm only the girl who never was.