•one•

Surely, that was the wrong prediction.

3 months later •

"Turn that shit down!" Amari yelled at the top of her lungs, banging her palm on Zion's door. Behind his door was him blasting his loud music while he probably had headphones over his ears, while he played some stupid game. She didn't understand what the point of music being on a speaker was when you had headphones on. Maybe the vibrations made him dance, but at this point it had been ridiculous.

Poor girl was so close to busting down his door with tears in her eyes. She wanted to just steal his speaker, but it wouldn't have been a easy task.

She still continued to bang on his bedroom door, even if it stung her palm. Mari was very tired and just wanted to have a thorough quiet, peaceful night. Yet those seem to not exist in this apartment. She was so tired that she forgot to throw on pants under her shirt. It wasn't a concern right now, specially because it fell past her butt.

She was nearly half asleep before Zion opened the door, one headphone back behind one ear, the other still over the other one. The music was paused. His facial expression was casual, yet slightly confused as to what her fuss may be about this time. The sleep deprived girl glared at the glowing console remote before returning her eyes to his.

"Can you please either turn that off or down? I can't sleep with that shit blasting," Amari weakly pointed her arm in the direction of his speaker.

Zion clenched his teeth together, sucking in air, forming an awkward smile. "They don't play good music so I have to, Mari."

"Are you fucking kidding me, Caleb? Turn that shit off please. I just want some rest." She pleaded to the taller boy as her eyes slowly blinked.

He just stared at her blankly before his eyes traced her up and down. His eyes stop at her bare legs, squinting. With a suggesting smirk, he chuckled a little bit.

"So you don't sleep with pants on?" He asked.

Amari looked down only to notice that her shirt had been rolled up in the front, showing her little undies. Gasping, she fixed herself before continuing to scold the Canadian boy. "Yes, and that doesn't affect you. Now please— just turn it down, I don't need to hear it."

"That's probably what you rather hear later on." He shrugged his shoulders.

"What?" She asked, slightly lost.

"I told you, I got a girl coming over. She's going to want some action." He pokes his bare chest in pride.

Amari scrunched up her nose in disgust. "Why?"

She knew exactly why.  Almost every girl he had over here for the past three months had somehow spread her legs open for him. She had came terms with him actually being extremely attractive.  Also that he would use that to his advantage when it came to pleasing himself. She didn't exactly know if he was good in bed, and she didn't really want to know, actually.  Yet anytime she'd hear his name being yelled in a different voice every time a new girl came over only made her more curious.

"I'm an opportunity no one can pass up." He winked playfully at her. She shook her head.

"Can y'all just be quieter?"

"There's no way that's gonna happen, so." His goofy smile never dropped. "Goodnight, Mari."

"Damn I just want some sleep!" She yelled frustrated as Zion headed back into his room. He ignored her plead.  Defeated, she headed across the hall to her room. Honestly, he didn't close his door until she walked all the way into her room. He liked seeing her walking away, frustrated even.

As soon as she closed the door she hears a knock on the front door. That was Amari's queue to turn on her tv and turn the volume to the max. Though sometimes not even that would block the nose. The walls in apartment weren't soundproof, so their poor neighbors had to deal with as well. They never complained though, probably sensing how awkward the interaction would be.

Of course, Amari had to listen to the interaction to the two. She turned her volume down a little bit to listen to their conversation.

The fact that there wasn't any wasn't what scared her. It was the fact she had heard a knock on her bedroom door. She paused the show she was watching and walked over to answer the door.

Zion towered over her, smiling. His shorts were already lower than usual on hips, showing his v-line. It caught Amari's attention before he spoke.

"You got any condoms?" He whispered.

She purses her lips harshly. "Now why would I have condoms. Really? I'm on birth control."

"Mari, seriously come on."

Rolling her eyes, she walked over to her nightstand, scrambling through it just to find the square golden packet with the outline of the rubber peaking through. As she turned around Zion already had his hand out for it.

"This is my last one. You're lucky I don't do anything often." She passed to him, not bothering to walk all the way back to her door for it.

"Thank you so much," And with that his lanky ass scurried out of the room, protection in hand. She jumped back on her bed, reaching for the remote to turn the nvolume back up to the max.

Her room was nicely decorated now. It was minimalistic, a dark blue theme dancing around the room now she claims as hers. The curtains of her double window were dark blue and gray, as were the other little things in her room. Her white bookshelf stood tall by her black desk, which had her Mac and folders which contained her things for work.

She brought her gray and dark blue sheets to her torso, hugging them close as she tried her hardest to engage herself into the random Catfish episode she had found on Hulu.

Amari's ears had already perked up at the fact that there was now rhythmic thumping against a wall in the apartment. Yet that's all she really heard for a while until she heard womanly moans and manly grunts.

She reached for her phone, only charged up to 83%. Opening her phone, she immediately went to Edwin's name in her phone, tapping it and putting her ear to the phone. It rang twice before an answer.