•ten•

a/n: half way to 1k?!?!??? wow thank you guys for reading.

She made it back, sighing loudly as the slight change in temperature hit her chilled skin. Amari was in such a good mood this morning she took a walk, her door feeling better.

When she made it back, it warmed her up, making her feel more relieved. Closing the door behind her, she frightened to turn around and see a 6'2 guy standing directly behind her.

He even indulged her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her. He wore a blue hoodie, which almost looked too big for him and some gray sweats. Zion was way warmer than she was, in that case, she didn't mind as much.

"Hi?" She responds to the hug, confused, almost as if she were asking a question. He only hums, before removing himself from the shorter girl. He smiled at her tiredly.

"Morning, Mari. I have a wonderful idea." He states, his big brown eyes staring at her with excitement.

"Go on."

"That haunted house just opened downtown," His thick eyebrows raised suggestively. Amari scratched her head looking at him.

"Cool, I guess." She shrugged.

"Let's go tonight."

She started laughing hysterically as she slowly walked away. "Fuck no, take Nick and Austin. I'm good."

He took her by her shoulder softly and turned her back around. "I'm trying to make up for what I did yesterday,"

"I mean that's a weekly thing for you. Plus, I don't like anything scary." Amari shook her head, looking at him.

He scrunched up his nose before speaking. "Fuck man, I'm trying."

"Trying what?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

He ignored her question. "If Nick comes, will you go? Austin is out of town." Zion really regretted the words that came out his mouth just then. He was just trying to make her happy, not like she wasn't already.

It seemed like it had worked. "Deal."

Amari will admit, she did find Nick cute, and would find any way to get to see him more often without Zion throwing some type of bitch fit.  This seemed like an opportunity. What's wrong with sharing friends?

Ask Zion.

.

.

Out of all the different colored hoodies in his collection, Zion decided to pull on his green one for this occasion. Pairing it with a yellow beanie, he grabs his phone making sure he has everything he might need for tonight.

He walks down the hall to know on Amari's door. It's not even five seconds before she comes flying out her room, completely ignoring him, though he stood right in front of the door.

He follows her, only to stop mid step. "Why does your pants have rips right below your booty," He groaned, rubbing his temples. "It's too cold for all that,"

She turned to him and smiled. "Aren't they cute though? I also just got this halloween sweater, because spirit." She says, pointing to the orange pumpkin on her top.

"Turn around," He says, demandingly, which catches Amari off guard.

"Huh?"

"You heard me, I need to do something." He began to walk up to her.

Listening to him, she turns around. She peered over her shoulder to see him grabbing for her sweater, and pulling it down over her ass. She turned around quickly to be met with a grumpy Zion. "Aye, it's not that deep, Z."

"Oh it is," He says, tugging his hat down more onto his head. He walks over to the front door opening it for her.

They walked down the four flights of stairs it takes to get to the parking lot. They both hoped in Zion's car to go pick up Nick.

The sun was already lowering, way below the skyline, giving the sky a deep orange glow. It was relaxing for Amari, who stared straightforward, in a trance with the color.

Zion was so focused on driving, he probably didn't even bother to notice something as simple as that. He pressed on the brakes as they approached a red light.

He took the minute to glance at the woman sitting next to him. Her head was leaning against the window with a gaze in her eyes. Her bun was messy, but well set onto the top of her head, showing her beautiful, features. Her plumped lips were slightly parted as she dazed off.

"You good?" He asked, one hand on the wheel, giving red light a quick look. She nodded.

"Yea, I just don't like scary places." Amari shrugged, looking over at him with a closed lip smile.

He turned his attention back to the light as it went green, pulling off. "You'll be fine, nothing will happen. I got you."

She scoffed, sitting up. "If anything you'll try to scare me more." She crosses her arms.

Zion decided to be bold tonight. He shakes his head, being his only response. He turned up the radio a bit more, but quickly turning it back down. He let his hand slip over to the passenger side, finding her thigh in the now dark car.  It wasn't as awkward as it sounds, as he was pretty smooth with it.

He acted very nonchalant with it. He only rested his hand there, pretending that he didn't know it was her thigh.

Amari shot a confused look at him, as he was again focused on the road. His touch gave her a shock. He obviously didn't know is what she thought, so she didn't say anything.

He gave her leg a good squeeze. Her eyes shut as she  moaned under her breath, causing Zion's eyes to pop out of his head, looking over at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Z, I'm not playing with you." She says, looking over at him but, but then at Nick, who's shadow flashes by the headlights in the car. Amari raises his eyebrows, gesturing towards him.

He removed his hand before Nick hopped in the back seat. The car light was on for a moment, as he pulled on his seat belt.

"Hey Nick," The brown skin girl smiled, turning herself to look at him in the back. He put his hand up.

"Hey Mari, sup Zion." He nods over to his best friend, his expression lightening.  Zion grins turning around as well.

"What's good? You ready, man?"

"Yea. You should be asking little ma over here that," He gestured over to Amari, her expression dropping.  "I know you're going to be scared."

"Man fuck y'all, let's go." She turns around with a mean mug, causing the two men in the car to burst into laughter. The lights in the car shut off. Zion pulled out of the driveway, and they were on their way.

*~*~*~