•eleven•

The three stood at the entrance of the haunted house, each examining the look of the place. They were finally here, after a 50 minute drive with traffic.

The sky was almost completely dark, the blue tint still clearly showing. Spotlights were being shown in the sky, which can be seen from far away. Up close, they just look stupid.

A quick breeze passed by, causing Amari to shiver. Her sweater was warm, though her pants not so much. She was mostly worried about look cute.

"So can we get this over with?" She turns to the boys on her right, crossing her arms. "'Cause if we don't go now, I'm backing out."

Nick elbowed Zion before speaking, getting his. attention. "We haven't even gone in yet and you're shivering? Let's go, I got to see this." He began to walk off, handing the people his ticket.

Zion looked at his friend, then at Amari. He shrugged, walking off and leaving Amari to contemplate on whether or not she should do it.

"So you're just gonna be a little pussy?" Zion comments impatiently.

"That's what I got one for. You know what," She struts forward to the entrance, handing the worker her ticket, joint the two. "Let's get this over with."

.

.

"I'm not gonna be able to sleep, thanks a lot." Shaken up by the terrifyingly real experience, she holds on to Nick's arm, scolding at Zion.

Zion of course, was doing the same thing back. He stood a fair distance from the two, who had been all up on each other before anything scary had even popped out.

Throughout the whole thing, he had not been scared once. Not even because it wasn't scary, but the fact that he'd been distracted the whole time.

"It wasn't even that scary," He lied, looking off into the distance.

Nick looked at him. "You jumped three times. "

He rolled his eyes as a response to his true comment.

Amari nuzzled into Nick's side, she sighs heavily. "Hey before we leave, can I look in that gift shop over there? I want a t-shirt or something," Her hands slide from around his abdomen, looking over at Zion.

"Go ahead," He says. She walks off leaving the two friends to converse.

They stood beside each other, probably enjoying the same view as Amari walked out of view.  Nick nudged his taller friend, catching his attention.

"I think she likes me," He says with a childish smirk. He jokingly brushed off his shoulders.

He tilts his head at his friend. "I don't see it."

"Really!?" He says surprised. Zion nodded. "You should ask her. I just think that cause she's always all up on me."

He then shakes his head. "Nah." Taken back, Nick doesn't try to argue with him. He starts walking off, causing Zion to grab his shoulder, stopping him.

"Where you going?"

"I'm about to see what Mari's up to," He says, patting his hand that still rested on his shoulder. "I'll be back."

With that, he walks off, leaving Zion in the middle of concessions of the haunted house event. He sighs, looking around and now not being interested in anything around him. He just wanted to go home at this point. The conversation he just had with Nick wasn't sitting well with him.

He went to walk around, looking for whatever gift shop Amari had been talking about. He had bumped into multiple people, mostly people who were physically below his view. Maybe it was rude, but he felt as if he didn't have time.

After 10 minutes of wandering around and not a call from either person, he finds himself in front of the gift shop, which is half empty. He walks in, the place being a bit warmer than the outside had been.

Light chatter filled the shop, as well as spooky souvenirs. He looked around, carefully, scanning the inside. He didn't care when he made very intimate eye contact with a stranger.

Until it his eyes met with the back of someone's head. Amari's. Which was angled slightly upwards, all m in Nick's face. Her hands were on his chest while his gripped her hips. It was like it was in slow motion, though it was still happening too fast. They were so close to each other, it was only obvious what was happening.

Zion clenched his fists. He furrowed his eyebrows before looking away, scrunching his nose up. He felt embarrassed, though, he was the only one that knew what was going on. He almost built up the anger to say something.

Suddenly, he became interested in his environment, turning away from the sight he wished he'd never saw. He looked at various items. His eyes were getting glossy but he kept looking, before purchasing a random mug. He was doing anything to distract himself.

He hurried out, stuffing the merchandise in the pockets of his hoodie.

Now he was just walking, trying to escape from whatever the hell he just saw. Zion couldn't.

"Fuck man," He whispered aggressively to himself. He pulled his beanie down further onto his head.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket before dialing Amari's number. He began to march his way out of the convention. He's bothered .

It rang twice before she answered. "Hey, I just found something good, I'm about to check out. Sorry I was taking so long,"

"Oh. Well hurry up, I got to water my plants before they die." He blurted out, saying anything to make her hurry.

There was a silence. "Z, you don't own a single plant."

"You don't know what I have. Listen, just come on I'm ready to go. Nick should be there soon too, tell him to hurry his punk ass up, i'm tired," He says walking.

"He's actually right here."

"Oh. Hurry the hell up, thanks." He says before hanging up abruptly, not even waiting for her response. He shoved his phone in his pocket and began to walk to wherever the car had been parked.

~*~*~*~*~