•twenty-three•

This time, she was on the floor. Sprawled out on the rug that was laid neatly in Edwin's living space. Luckily she didn't drool.

She brought herself up to sit. She turned her head towards Ed, who was still sleeping peacefully.

Amari got up and found a bathroom and took care of her usual morning routine, that being with a little less supplies. She redid her ponytail and went back downstairs, where he was still knocked out.

Walking in the kitchen, she took it upon herself to make some cereal, not caring who's it might've been. She made a quick bowl and went right back to her spot on the floor.

She turned on the tv and looked at the time which read 1:26 pm. Not startled or surprised she went to Netflix to continue her Family Guy binge.

The front door knob began to jingle, which didn't phase her much. She knew who was coming. The less she cared the easier it was to ignore.

The door opened swiftly as quickly as it closed. "Yes, it was. I'll call you later. Bye, babe!" She smooched before hanging up.

She looked up from her phone she made a questioning nose. "Why is the tv on?" She began to walk towards the living room clicking away with her heels on.

She gasps as she saw the girl, comfortably relaxed. "Hey girl, what's up?"

"Why are you here?"

"Why are you here?" She mocked, but also asking the same thing.

"I live here." Tiffany pushed the hair behind her ear, looking down at Amari.

She huffed. "That's not healthy for you to be living with your ex, honestly. In my opinion, specially since you cheated, you should move along."

"Um, that's none of your business about me and Eddie's relationships."

"Really?," She gagged. "Why would he come tell me about it? Listen, bitch. Don't step out of line." She got up, walking to the kitchen to put in her bowl in the sink.

She laughed. "Who's house are you in? You're the one out of line. And is that my cereal?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

Amari shrugged. "I guess. I was hungry."

"Who do you think you are?" Tiffany followed her to the kitchen.

"Back the hell up cause I'm not afraid to put my hands on you, honey." She looked over her shoulder. The fury in her voice was not held back.

Stunned, she backed a bit. She wasn't the fighting gal.

Gladly, nothing had happened and nothing will. Especially because they had woken up Edwin, who was practically listening to that whole thing. He walked into the kitchen, passing Tiffany to hug Amari. She crossed her arms, watching the two embrace.

"Hey."

"Hey, how was your rest?" She asked.

"It was interrupted," He glared at his best friend, then at his ex. "Tiffany, you have to leave."

"What? What did I do?" Her voice began to waver, as her eyes began to water.

The Dominican sighed. "I can't. It's not okay for me to have you around after what you've done to me. I still love you but you can't stay here," There was hurt in her eyes as well as his.

She didn't say anything else. She nodded and walked upstairs to pack up her things.

Amari stood back in awe. "Edwin, you didn't have to do that just because I said something." Honestly, she felt sort of bad.