•five•

"What just happened,"Amari asked, completely confused about his behavior. "I know you aren't actually talking about rent, cause I payed early," She informed, looking at the ground rather than at him.

He leaned against the door with his arms crossed, looking over at her who sat with her back straight, though it seemed arched. He took notice. Zion had an urge to get mad at her, but he held back. His heart knew exactly what had irked him, but he felt that that wasn't his concern.

"Are you trying to get with Nick?"He asked. There wasn't an immediate response.

"I just met him tonight . I'm not easy," She leaned back on the couch, yet to look over in his direction. "And if I wanted to, you wouldn't do anything so calm down."

The lack of manners Zion was getting had slightly made him hot. He strolled back to where the couch was standing above her. He tried to appear intimidating but he didn't come off as so toward her. His t-shirt was lifted as he rubbed his stomach momentarily, displaying his abs.

Amari finally lifted her head as he did this. Instinctively her eyes lead there, working her way up to make eye contact. She was caught, but said nothing of it.  Neither did he. It was normal. "What's up?"

"Can you look at me when I'm talking to you?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest once again. She pulled out her phone from under her thigh, and began typing away. Amari did this on purpose sometimes just to see where the frustration will would take him.

He cleared his throat, tapping sock covered foot on the wooden grown. " Huh?" Amari looks up.

"We can't have the same friends," He shakes his head, closing his eyes. His lips poured dramatically looking at the girl who put her phone down momentarily, give the boy a smug look.

"No?"

"No."

"Too bad, I'm taking Austin, too. He's cool." She smiled, standing up from the couch to be in front of him, as well as beside the coffee table. She knew that irked him, seeing his lip twitch almost made her burst out laughing.

The height difference wasn't extremely dramatic, though dramatic enough that her face was at his chest. This didn't intimidate her, but rather every time she had been this close to him, she really wanted to hug him. She wanted him to just drown her with his warmth, as she rested her head on his chest.

His musk blessed her nose at the distance there were standing perfectly. It smelled expensive and she loved it. Of course, she wouldn't let him know this, that's weird.

"So are you gonna go or.." He trailed off, looking at the girl who stared at him blankly. She shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut, taking in the scent a little more.

"I'm going to go hop in the shower." She walked around the tower of a man, who's eyes followed her around as he stood still. They followed her around couch until he couldn't see her down the hall.

She closed the door behind her and prepared herself to take a shower. She threw her clothing on the side of near the laundry basket, silently promising herself she'll pick it up later.

The cold air hit her bare, brown skin all over as she went into her bathroom to find her towel and put it on the hook nearby. She throws her hair up into a bun before reaching over to turn on the shower.

Turning the hot nob a bit with a quickness, she waits for the hot water to hit her hand. Nothing was budging, so she turned it up some more. The water could be heard running lively through the pipes, but not out into her shower. She furrowed her eyebrows as she turned it all the way back off, then all the way back on. To no avail.

She throws her head back in frustration, letting out a breathy grunt to herself. Amari was confused, after she just used her shower to wash her hair earlier today. It was working perfectly.

"Did we pay the water bill?" She asked herself, turning off the faucet that never came on. She checked her skin and it came on perfectly.

She got worried, but then brushed it off. She was just going to have to use Zion's shower. She grabbed a new loofah and her soap before heading out.

She grabbed her silk black robe and wrapped around herself, not in the mood to put on her clothes after she already took them off. She walks out the bathroom, forgetting where she laid down her clothes by the laundry basket, was right in front of the door. Her foot gets caught in the leg of her shorts, as she was quick to kick it off.

She almost fell, cursing to herself. She swung her door open, and looked down the hall to Zion's room, who's door was surprisingly wide open. It was late enough to where he would at least close his door. It being open, Amari saw this as an open invite.

She creeped in the room, which the hard wood floor chilled the bottom of her feet. She looked over to her left, where he laid on his stomach, shirt off and only a comfy pair of basketball shorts. This made her tip toe across his floor to reach his bathroom.

As soon as she made it, she closed the door behind her, turning on the light to look around. It was almost as clean as hers, and she could definitely work with it.

She began to de-robe herself, setting up the shower just how she was going to set up her own. Amari got in to take a quick wash before her roommate could catch her. Though she was still too slow. When the water turned off, a few seconds later, footsteps could be heard coming towards the bathroom door.

She panicked, staying behind the curtain. The door knob jangled before it opened. Groans could be heard coming from Zion as he passed by the shower to get to his toilet. Obviously, he didn't notice he robe in the floor, stepping over it. She then heard trickles of liquid hitting the water in the bowl, and Amari couldn't contain herself.

"Ew," She whispered, but by that time, the toilet was flushing and she could not be heard. Zion, not knowing she was in there turns off the lights shutting the door behind him.

Amari was left in the pitch black bathroom, naked and afraid.