•three•

The 'bad' things she's been told about her neighbor didn't stop them from becoming friends. Brandon and his girlfriend Charlotte were very chill and pretty nice. She hung out with practically every time Zion wasn't around to say anything.

She threw on some slides, and just shuffled her way out the apartment and a door down to the left. She also liked that her new friends were so convenient to visit.

Amari gave the door a light knock before Brandon answered the door. "Morning , Mari." he says with a bright smile, he angled his view towards the slightly shorter person.

"Morning. May I come in for a bit?" She asked, before Brandon willingly opened his door to allow her in. His apartment was a bit more uniformed than her and Zion's, although the layout is pretty much the same. She sort of liked it better, probably because of how decorated the inside was. Brandon wandered over into the kitchen.

She trailed in shyly, as usual. This made the bubbly Charlotte, who was standing in the living room walk around the couch over to Amari's

"You've been coming here for a few now. Sit down, get as comfortable as you need," She insisted, patting her shoulder as she walked passed me. Although the girl was a year younger than her, she felt like she could possibly have been an aunt.

"He's taking a shower, though." Amari commented, not even using further detail.

She nodded. "Oh okay. Well, just until you hear the water stop running." She shrugged, stifling a laugh. That was the routine if he was just in the shower for the time being.

Though Amari did not hide her laugh, bursting into a fit. More sarcastically, she asks" Is this what my life has really come to? I have to sneak out the house to say hi to some friendly neighbors?"

She looked around to see Brandon, nodding his head. "That sounds about right."

"Did you two hear him last night?" She asked out of curiosity. Charlotte sat down at the dinning room table that was just set up for show. Lightly, she shook her head back and forth.

"We heard. Is it bad we might be used to it?" She leaned in her direction, pretending to whisper. "He does more stuff than B is willing to do—"

"I can hear you," Brandon says, not evening turning his head to look.

"Oh, I know." Charlotte says. "Yea, seriously. That guy doesn't get tired, huh?"

"Guess not," Amari shrugged.

The soft sound of water moving through the pipes had stopped abruptly. It wasn't noticeable until it stopped. This caused Amari to give the younger girl a look. A heavy sigh escaped her as she walked back over from where she had just entered minutes ago. Though after giving her a hug, she rolled her eyes. "I wished he lasted longer."

"Same with Brandon." She chuckled, causing an eruption from her boyfriend.

"What did I do? Seriously, I give you everything you ask for," He turns his head finally, looking at Charlotte who stayed seated, silently laughing her ass off.

Amari has one little laugh before waving the two goodbye and fast walking back to her apartment. When she entered, there was no sign that Zion had left room while she was gone.

If she got caught, oh well. She honestly didn't care. Sometimes, hearing him complain about what she does where he doesn't remember she also had to live isn't the best thing to listen to time after time again. It gets repetitive and it goes no where. He sometimes acted weird towards her, which she had yet to understand. She could never go anywhere with him asking where.

Amari plopped onto the couch, immediately turning on Netflix. She sighed heavily, her inhale helping her sink into the maroon corduroy couch. Though she had her tv in her room, she enjoyed looking at the bigger screen.

Almost as if on queue, Zion swings his bedroom door open, looking around. This caught Amari's attention, causing her to rise from her comfortable position.

"Who took my fucking underwear?" He yelled, holding his fluffy towel at his waist securely. Z stood with his feet awkwardly apart as if they were impossible to close. He was still a damp mess, his hair flinging water everywhere as looked around.

Her eyes narrowed as she eyed her roommate, who she realized might have actual problems. "How the hell would I know?"

"I wasn't talking to you," His head flung water as he turned and pointed at me.

"Then can you be quiet?" She asked, averting herself back around to the tv to look for a show to binge watch. She crossed her legs as she leaned into the couch once more, enjoying the moment of silence before she hears footsteps coming her way. "Don't you dare come behind me with just a towel. Go find your undies," She shooed him away without looking.

The taller boy stopped, staring at the back of her head. "This is my apartment, I do what I want."

"Guess what? It's mine too because I pay as much rent as you do." She finally decides on a show, selecting American Horror Story and selecting a season she hadn't watched before.

"Okay, doesn't change that it's still mine too." He walks over to the now unsuspecting Amari, who is was busy deciding between Asylum and Freak Show.  Her eyes were too focus on the screen to notice that the boy had his wet hand near her neck , and proceeded to push his hand down the back of her shirt, stifling a laugh before he did.

Amari yelped, his wet and now cold flesh making contact with her back, causing her almost immediate reaction was to swing her arm around him and slap him on his bare chest.

"Ow, shit." He rubbed his peck softly as his other hand still held on two the two ends of the blue, fluffy towel that hung loosely around his waist now.

"I'm not saying sorry."

"You should. I hope you don't act like that when my friends come over," He says, turning around to head down the hall to the laundry room. She couldn't help but stare at his back muscles when he walked away.

"Wait when?" She asked, now more alert.

"Like, I dunno, 10 minutes." He says, nonchalantly. Amari's eyebrows furrow.

"And I'm just finding out now? I need to change," She hops over the couch with ease, heading down the hall back to her room. She takes one more good look at her roommate before she escapes to her quarters to change.

She hears Zion walk past her door. "Why do you need to change, nobody's coming to see you."

She paid him no mind as she hurried to get dress the company that wasn't hers.

.

.

.