twenty-five

The three reached Nick's house. They hopped out the car, thanking him for the ride back up. It could've been awkward, considering the note they all left on, it was nothing but smiles and jokes.

The two got in Zion's car, staring it up quickly. They didn't really go anywhere quiet yet. They sat in the car together, taking in the idea of being in each other's presence.

He couldn't help himself— Zion craved her more than she would or could ever know. His hand slides over to her, hovering over her thigh before gripping it sweetly. Amari gazed over at him, a smirk forming that couldn't help being hidden. Her lips parted for a moment.

"So you really missed me, Z?" She questioned his intentions even though it was clear what the answer was.

He began to caress her thigh. "I mean, yea. You didn't have to leave like that," He paused, as he looked over at her. "I was distraught. I know it wasn't for long but still,"

"I thought you'd be okay, honestly." She shrugged.

"That's on my part, acting like I didn't care." He smiled a bit. 

There was a comfortable silence. Silent peace, really. It was relaxing and it felt like they could finally calm their nerves. His smug smile didn't leave  his face as he pulled off. The radio matched the tranquil vibe that was circulating in the vehicle.

"I want to love the shit out of you," Zion murmured, putting emphasis on almost every word.  At this point, true feelings were the best to reveal right now. There was no reason to hold back the curiosity of the feelings that were there.

Her eyes nearly popped out of her head, the word she'd never thought she'd hear. Her heart skipped a beat. Never could she bold enough to use that word, not even knowing the full meaning.

She chose not to respond, not knowing how to respond. Maybe he really meant it, though.

It was silent basically the whole ride back. The loudest thing being their fingers intertwined and the soft RnB played non stop. It could've been the same song, who would've known. They were just beginning.

*~*~
They reached the home stretch, finally taking some advantage with being alone together. As soon as they walked in Amari had an urge to hop on him.

"You have to clean up that mess in there though," He pointed to the cracked door of her bedroom. "I thought a tornado hit that."

"I'll do it later," She says watching him as he tossed his keys on the counter. "I have something more important to do."

Her claim took Zion by surprise. "What's that?" He spun himself around to look at the shorter girl.

A grin swept her face as she approached him like prey. He was a bit startled but had no intent to stop her. Yet, all she did was hug him tightly. As tight as she possibly could her hands gripped his shirt before lifting it and let her cold hands crawl up his bare back.

He hissed at the temperature of her hands, yet he didn't stop her. Instead, to get her to stop he slapped her ass, and willingly, did she whine. She looked up at him as her reaction was the opposite of what he was seeking.

"You like that?" He questioned, now curious to her kinks and secrets.

She shrugged, her hands still caressing his back. "I don't hate it," Even her muffled voice gave off a hint.

There was a pause.

"Can you be mine?" His breathing became very shallow. Nervous couldn't have been the word to describe his feeling, but close enough. "Like, you know,"

Amari felt his heart beat becoming more apparent that he was even breathing. His voice sounded amplified against his chest as the words he spoke hesitated to come out his mouth. She felt the weight of his head on top of his, his chin resting softly on top her head. "I mean—"

"Of course." She answered quickly, as if she'd zoned out momentarily.

Zion's chest deflated as his uncertainty became certain. He chuckled, pulling away from her a bit to kiss her lips, soft and tender. His hands made their way around her face, delicately taking into consideration that she couldn't be held too tight.

She pressed herself against him with no halt. Her smaller hands drew against his jawline as the kiss grew deeper and more intense.

The feeling that was building up inside of them both was something more than like. Way more than lust. Some type of confinement they felt with being near each other had exploded in this moment. Almost as if they didn't need anyone else, but only the two of them. This feeling almost felt like they could survive the world together.

It could be love, maybe. An early stage of what maybe considered that thing . They just knew that they couldn't share this feeling they've made for each other inside. It wasn't meant to be divided. It was meant for them. It was quick, but it's possible only because the feelings are so strong. So distracting, so hurtful, and so enjoyable all at once.

Right now; they were enjoying it. Maybe even were they distracted. Nonetheless it feels good to Amari and Zion. Everything they've done or did with one another has always felt at its best. They couldn't admit it till now. Till now. They've found it.

~*~*~*~*~

Epilogue, next.