•seventeen•

Amari was picked up later on that night by Zion, who willing took her home without a question asked why she might've taken so long. They were both relieved, almost for the same reason.

They even made subtle contact with each other, their hands brushing against each other every now and again.

This contact did increase.

Zion was quick to put the car in park. With a quickness, he shoved his keys into his hoodie pocket and grabbed his phone from the grip. Alarmed, Amari watched his every move.

"What are you rushing for?" She asked, carefully taking off her seatbelt. "Don't forget yours," she pulls at her seatbelt before letting it retract.

"I wasn't wearing it." He responds swiftly, opening the door to the cool night. "C'mon, don't just sit there. I don't want to let all this cold air in." He hopped out the car.

"It'll a bit warmer in the morning," She got out as well, closing the door. The other door shuts, then comes Zion, bending down a bit in front of her.

She furrows her eyebrows, not realizing at first what was actually going on. She then jumps on Z's back, as he races up the stairs to their apartment. He ran up the steps like she weighed nothing.

He let her down at the door, unlocking it and letting her in first as he followed, closing and locking the door behind them too.

He throws the keys on the counter, not really caring where they land. The only thing he was focused on was trying to catch the missed opportunity he had with Amari from before. He turned around as she stared at him with concern. He stopped in his tracks.

"What are you rushing for?" She repeats the question from earlier as she watched his chest rise up and down, ready to charge at her.

"I want to finish where we started." He approached her at a slower pace.

Realizing what's actually happening, she approached him as well, steadily.

Once in arms reach, Zion pulled her close to him by her waist and pressing his plump lips against hers. Their eyes closed as they indulged themselves into the kiss. Before they knew it, they ended up in Z's room, their bodies crashing onto the bed. At that point, they were about half-clothed.

Amari was left in her blue t-shirt and her undies as he had nothing on his top half. He grabbed her bare legs, using them to bring her closer and grind against her. She let out a weak moan, feeling him pressed up on her was driving her wild.

This seemed unreal, this all seemed unreal. Being this close to each other was only something the two had thought about. Never pushing one another, it was finally happening.

~*~*~*~

**if you'd like the rest of that, comment here. it will be in a separate chapter, so for those who do not read smut or anything highly risqué will not have to deal with scrolling through that. **

Zion woke up first, surprisingly. He was underneath the sleeping Amari, who had as much clothing as he did— none.

Z couldn't move if he wanted to physically get out of the bed. He didn't want to wake her up, because she seemed as if she was having such great sleep. That's cause of him, honestly.

It was one of the best nights he's had in forever. He never knew that all he was missing from those booty calls were an actual emotional connection, which was what they had, somehow.

He looked down at her ruffled hair and smiled, taking her in all of her glory, from what he could see. She laid on her stomach, their bodies skin to skin. He was scared if he moved their skin would stick together and hurt him and her. 

Yet, he tried to anyway.

He twisted himself slightly to the side only to feel their cold, clammy skin pulling at each other. He yelped, accidentally right in Amari's ear. He gasps as she began to roll off of his naked body. It hurt him probably more than it was hurting her; she was in a deep sleep. He gritted his teeth, waiting for all the pain to ease off so he could actually get up.

He sat on the side of the bed, searching for underwear or pants, just something to cover himself up. At this point, he could probably walk around the house naked. He won't.

Yet.

He grabbed some sweats he found on the way to the bathroom. Zion began brushing his teeth, yet mid brush there was a knock on the door of the apartment. It took him a moment to realize it wasn't just him and that Amari was sturring in her sleep.

With the toothbrush hanging out his mouth, he answered the door. "Oh. Hi." He said, his words slightly muffled. "She's asleep right now."

"Fine, I can just wait till she gets up," Charlotte walks past the taller boy, basically shoving her smaller frame past his. "This is important shit I need to discuss."

Zion squinched up his nose in disgust. "Well good morning to you too? I think I'm missing something."

"A shower? You smell like sex, dude." She sat down on the couch, crossing her arms. "I'm surprised she didn't come over last night so she wouldn't hear all of that."

"She was the one making the noise." He takes the toothbrush out of his mouth one time.

Charlotte's eyes bulged out of her head, staring at Zion in actual shock. Her jaw even dropped a bit. "Bullshit,"

"Long story. But look-- I don't think she's going to wake up anytime soon." He infers, shaking his head. He took the blue toothbrush and pushed it back into his mouth, scrubbing a bit more.

"I'll wake her up good enough. Go get her, Zion."

"Did you not hear me?"

"Zion. Go. Get. Her.'

He held his hands up before retreating back into his room. He went back to the bathroom, spitting the toothpaste out and washing his mouth. He went back into his room and lightly rubbed Amari's naked back. She groaned at the touch, turning herself around. 

"Mmm,' She moaned.

"Charlotte is here to see you." He whispers to her, almost as if she were a sleeping baby. He threw his hoodie at her and as well as her underwear. "Put that on, Mari. I'm afraid you might've been so dazed that you just walk out there like that."

"Okay." Her voice was a bit scratchy, nonetheless audible.

Rising slowly, she grabs the clothing from off of her and began to slip on the hoodie. Zion tried to be weird and stare at her as she threw on his stuff. He wasn't even upset, he gave her the clothes. Yet he feels weird seeing her in his hoodie which touched mid-knee as she stood.

Yet when she stood, she almost laid back down--but on the floor this time.

"Shit," He zooms towards her, catching her before she leaned over. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just my legs gave out."

"Oh," He smirked out of her view.

She walked out of the room, not even brushing her teeth. Amari was still half asleep at the moment. The expression on Charlotte's expression confused her, yet she wasn't worried about it. As she made her way over to the couch, she stood, walking over to the half-awake Amari.

Now what did wake Amari up was a stinging pain that suddenly lit up the left side of her face, jerking her head to the right dramatically.

~*~*~*~*~