KSimon - Older then Death

Simon's POV

I walked through the old peoples' home with JJ by my side. I had no tears but I was told the news. Nanna only had a day left to live and I was going to see her. For the last time.

I walked through the many halls that I'd memorised over the past few months that Nanna had been here. Past reception, past the kitchen. Past the toilets and into Nanna's section. Past all the oldies and nurses and into Nanna's room. 

Immediately, I regretted walking in, I knew that Nanna was bad but this was almost terrifying. I never expected this. Nanna's neck was back a bit and mouth open to help the air through. Hair brushed back and out of the way. She was so pale but still so beautiful. JJ placed his hand between my shoulder blades and pushed me through the door. My mum and grandma sat there by Nanna's side.

JJ and I sat down next to each other, holding hands, not saying anything.

We sat there for half an hour. At some point, JJ pulled me to my feet. My mum and grandma nodded to JJ, indicating to take me home. I blindly followed JJ through the halls, retracing our steps. We finally arrived back at JJ's car, he hugged me, telling me to let it all out. I did. 

Slowly, we drove home, back to the SDMN house.

The next day, I was called to be told that Nanna had passed away. I stood there like a robot, waiting for a command. JJ held me tightly as I cried. The 102-year-old lady had finally left, the happy, cheerful lady who'd been through everything, wars, changes in the world, had left.

Moyra Connell died the 8th of May, 102

I said a while ago that my Nanna died, she was 102. She received a letter from the queen and all for turning 100 but she's gone now. It was sad but it was painless death.

Tom