WroetoStar

Harry's POV

I walked into a school in Afghanistan. There were rumors that there was a new boy.

I met up with my friends, Simon, Josh and Ethan. Well, I like them more than a friend. I have a secret that I can't tell anyone, I'm gay. I'd get executed if anyone finds out.

"Hey guys", I said.

They both smiled.

"Have you heard the news about the boy?" Josh asked.

I nod. "Isn't it cool".

"It is", Simon replied coolly.

Ethan pointed behind me, "I think that's him".

I spin around on my heel.

My breath hitched up at the sight. I get this with most boys but this was different. The boy's skin was darker than everyone else's and his hair was raven black. I continued to stare but the boy was staring at me. Briefly, I smiled at him and he grinned back.

"Harry", I spin a back around to see Josh.

"What?"

"The boy's standing right behind you", Josh said quietly.

I look next to me and so he was.

The boy was about a foot and half shorter than me but my heart pounded as if I'd seen the prettiest girl ever but this boy was the girl.

"Everyone down!" a teacher shouted, "the Taliban are coming!"

Every boy in the school knew the drill. We were down instantly. I watched the new boy's reaction but he soon followed everyone's actions.

I actually hid my head in my hands and trembled as the Taliban walked in.

The Taliban are a powerful band of men and boys. They scare the shit out of me, especially since I'm gay.

I look up briefly to see some of the boys being forced to their feet, those boys included Simon and Ethan. Both looking terrified.

No!

I carefully glance at Josh. He was shaking violently.

I glimpse at the new boy, he was doing the same thing as me, head in his arms. Was he gay as well or was he just scared?

The Taliban now were walking and leaving us in peace.

Slowly, boys stood. Some looked happy but others look sad.

I felt both. Simon and Ethan were gone but Josh and I were still here. And the boy.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I spun around. It was the boy from before.

Again, my breath hitched up at the boy. He was so pretty.

"I'm Vikram but call me Vik", the boy said, pulling me out of my daze.

"Hello Vik, I'm Harry", I reply.

A sob made me turn around to see a crying Josh.

I kept my gaze on Vik as Josh cried into me.

"They'll be ok, Josh", I tell him.

"But Simon and Ethan are go..gone. They're not g..going t...to b...b..be pk. It's the Taliban Ha...Harry", Josh sobbed.

I sighed, not really knowing what to do.

"I'll just go and cry in a corner", Josh whispered.

I nod.

Vik came and stood next to me.

"Come with me", Vik told me.

I did. Once we were hidden, Vik kissed me.