13¥

xiii

xiii. Let's go
Jas'mariee

I held my head up as I tried to get through my controversial issues essay. I was only on the first paragraph and it's been a week.
What is with these teachers and them all assigning essays on the same week?
As I rubbed my eyes, I felt someone pull out the chair across from me, making my feet fall. I rolled my eyes and looked up to see Kyrie's annoying smirk staring back at me.

I sighed.
"What do you want Irving?"

"I came here to do some quick studying before I left school but then I noticed you and thought I'd rather bother you than study. It's more interesting anyways."

"Why are you leaving, we still have like 4 hours of school-"

"I just don't want to be here." He shrugged.

I looked back down at the computer and closed it.
"Well, I could use a distraction."

"Good. Grab your stuff and let's go." He said, standing up.

I raised an eyebrow.
"Wait What?"

"You could use a distraction and I'm already leaving. Plus I don't want to be by myself."

"We can't just skip school."

He walked over to me and smiled.
"Yes we can. Me and my friends are going out anyways. You can tag along."

"I thought you said you were going to be by yourself."

"I practically am, Kevin and Tristan are just going to talk about football which I don't watch, and Sav and LeBron are a whole couple."

I thought about it before just giving in.
"Okay." I said, standing up and grabbing my bag. "Let's go."

We walked out of the library towards the double doors to get to the student parking lot. We walked towards his car which just so happened to be on the other side of the parking lot than we were on.

"Why do you park so far?" I groaned, as we continued to walk.

"Why do you complain so much?" He responded.

I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Shut up."

"What were you doing in the library?"

"I had to write a paper."

He nodded.
"A paper for what?"

"Controversial issues. You ask a lot of questions."

"I'm just curious. I had Mr. Bellevue too, he's a good teacher."

"Yeah He is. He's not bad to look at either." I smirked.

Kyrie raised an eyebrow as he looked down at me.
"Gross."

I chuckled at his reaction before looking up to see that we were at his car and so was the rest of his crew.

"Jas'mariee! What a surprise." Kevin smiled, looking up at Kyrie with questioning eyes.