26¥

xxvi. New Plan In Motion

"Why does Steph think my family doesn't like him?" Ayesha asked as we got ready.

We were all getting ready for Paul's party at Ayesha's house, opting to just meet the guys at there.

I bit my lip and sighed and Haze turned to me for the explanation.
"I notice it too Ayesha. I mean, your parents don't like jocks and they never really liked that Steph was focused on just basketball. Of course I think they'll soften up to him but they're kind of cold to him."

"I never noticed it." She shrugged with a pout.

"Maybe the trip will help with that." Hazel smiled.

Ayesha nodded.
"Maybe...anyways, I see you and Kyrie made up?"

I nodded.
"Yeah."

"I get why he's jealous of Paul, he's fine." Hazel smirked. "And he has a special interest in you."

"We're just friends.."

"Oh shit we should go." Ayesha said, noticing the time.

"Paul's party better be legit, I haven't been to the party in a minute.." Hazel smiled.

I chuckled and looked in the mirror one last time, studying my outfit. I tied my hair up in a messy bun and smiled.

 I tied my hair up in a messy bun and smiled

"Babe, you look like a baddie." Hazel smiled.

I chuckled and hugged her.
"Let's go girl."

———————————

"We're hella late." Hazel chuckled, biting into a French fry as Ayesha pulled up to Paul's house which was packed. Music was blasting and the inside was so full, people were pouring outside. Mans was popular..

"Well we wouldn't be late if you fatties didn't beg me to stop for five guys." Ayesha sighed, getting out.

I chuckled, finishing my own fries.
"It was worth it."

My phone vibrated as we walked up to the front door.

Kyrie🥰🤤: Where are you guys?

We're walking in now

As we walked into the packed house, we each went to find our significant other. I looked around everywhere and didn't find him and was about to call him when I felt someone wrap their arm around my waist. I smiled and turned to see him standing there with a smile. He loved doing that..

"Damn you look good." He smiled, kissing my cheek.

"When don't I? How's it been? I know we got here super late."

"Yeah what were y'all doing? Getting dressed?"

"We had to convince Ayesha to stop and let us get food before we came."