Chapter Nineteen: More Whiskey for me

~I'm gonna live like tomorrow never comes~Tomorrow Never Comes - Zac Brown Band

Tomorrow Never Comes - Zac Brown Band

~3rd Person POV~

"How did she even get in there?" Ray asks Sara as they walk through the Waverider.

"We brought her in earlier, I thought Nate told you?" Sara comes up with a lie that would be easy to keep. All she has to do now is tell the story to Nate and Amaya.

"Uh, no," he frowns. "He didn't."

"You should go ask him about that," Sara suggests. "I'm gonna go check up on her and Obsidian."

"Oh, well I'll see you later, Captain," he gives a shy smile and waves before walking off.

"Nate," Sara activates her comm link. "Ray's on his way to you. I told him we hid Jessica in the building before hand."

Nathan sighs, "alright."

As Sara walks into the med bay, she notices the absence of Todd. If he isn't here, he must've been healed and sent on his way.

"Gideon," Sara calls.

"Yes captain?"

"How is she," Sara crosses her arms and looks over the unconscious velociraptor.

"I've cauterized the wound and she should be on the road to recovery. Unfortunately, the healing process is slowed by her current form. I am unfamiliar with its anatomy making the situation more difficult."

"Let's see what I can do," Sara lightly shakes Jessica in an attempt to wake her. The raptor remains senseless so Sara does the next thing she can think of. "Sorry, Jess," she shrugs before taking her thumb and pressing down on the bullet wound in her shoulder.

Jessica's eyes shoot open and she lets out a pain filled shrill before turning to see Sara wiping fresh blood off of her thumb. Jessica lays her head back against the seat and closes her eyes again.

"Sorry," Sara smiles apologetically.

"What just happened?" Jax asks as he runs into the med bay.

"You need to shift so Gideon can heal you," Sara explains to Jessica. Jessica huffs before shifting and moving to a more comfortable position.

"I knew I wasn't crazy," Jax stares at Jessica. "Is her name actually Jessica?"

"Yeah," Sara answers.