Chapter Forty-Nine: Copy

~Seasons they will changeLife will make you growDreams will make you cry, cry, cryEverything is temporaryEverything will slideLove will never die, die, die~Birds - Imagine Dragons

Life will make you grow
Dreams will make you cry, cry, cry
Everything is temporary
Everything will slide
Love will never die, die, die~
Birds - Imagine Dragons

~3rd Person POV~

Everyone gets into their seat as Gideon and Sara pilot the Waverider to intercept the command module.

"Good news, we found the Command Module. Bad news, it's heading straight for a bunch of space rocks," Sara says monotonously.

"Meteoroid belt," Henry corrects her.

"Don't we have a tractor beam?" Nathan asks as he pulls his harness over his head. "Can we pull the Command Module away from the meteorites?"

"No, no, the velocity of the Command Module would merely bring us closer to the meteorites," Rip answers.

"Which is why I'm swinging the ship around," Sara announces. "I'm gonna try and stop the trajectory of the Command Module."

"Sara, you need to abort!" Rip tells her. "We're going to hit the meteoroids."

"Better us than the Command Module." She shrugs.

"Can't you at least to try to destroy the meteoroids rather than using my ship as a human shield?" Rip pleas.

"It worked before back in 1942. You put the Waverider in front of a nuke and it absorbed the blast," Sara reminds him.

"At least I had the decency to time-scatter you all first," Rip mutters.

"Decency?" Sara asks, completely offended. "Did you ask any of us if we wanted to be time-scattered?"

"Sara," Amaya tries to bring Sara's attention to the incoming meteoroids.

"I was trying to save your lives!" Rip defends.

"You put me in a time period where they wanted to hang me for being a witch!" Sara snaps.

"Sara!" Amaya tries again but it's too late, the Waverider crashes into the floating space rocks.

"Shield integrity at 63%," Gideon announces. "34%." The rocks seem to never end as the Waverider continues to crash into them. "Rerouting the reserve power to the shields." Lights flicker and sparks rain from the ceiling.

"I'm afraid the Jumpship has been critically impaired. Oh, dear, our landing gear ha..." Gideon's voice becomes deep and warped before disappearing completely.