Fair Weather Friend

What happens when the late night conversations grow silent?

What will we do when the silence is no longer comforting but awkward.

How will we work it out when all those disagreements come to light again? Surely we cannot suffocate them forever.

Because suddenly the silence is deafening, our embraces are awkward and yin and yang have become oil and water. We just don't mix, and that scares me.

I have been with you longer than I haven't and I don't know what to do without you, but I don't need you anymore.

It's like a weird dream, you were a part of it for the longest time but suddenly you just faded away yet I didn't even notice until I woke up. .

It isn't like it's a bad thing necessarily, we don't begrudge one another, we have simply fallen out of love.

I feel closer with other people, I feel like you don't even know me anymore.

You don't know me anymore, you have to ask me what I like, what I want, you don't understand all my jokes anymore.

You have new inside jokes, you have surrounded yourself with different people and different worlds, leaving our own to drift. You put more stock into those who don't mean anything to us, so now we suffer the consiquence.

It isn't like you did anything wrong, you just wanted more, a have it all girl.

You want to be alone, how did I not realize that until last night?

Of course you push everyone out, you just want time to yourself.

It isn't selfish, it is just what you need.

Of course, that means I can't be in that picture anymore. Not like I really had been for the longest time...

How do you think it felt to listen to talk about all your other friends, sneaking in information that I wasn't made aware of, unknowingly excluding me from your life.

You keep these stories for everyone else, and you've told them so many times by the time they get to me, you just expect me to know.

You have shown me where your loyalties lie, they do not lie with me anymore. But to yourself.

I understand,