My day late friend

I think it's amazing how different we are, having been seperated for months but carrying the same scars. The same old cuts on your shoulders and my thighs, the same old thoughts keeping us up night after night.

But these months between us, the words left unspoken, these feelings I've smothered have been reawoken. Its hard to imagine why, and its pointless for me to even try.
I'm with another woman and you're seeing another guy.

But still my love is unrequited, you can never love me as I you, for I have hurt you far to much, and loved you far too few. I can never explain the way I feel, for it doesn't make any sense..."You don't hurt the people you love, you don't allow them to continue to sin." But if I'm a bad influence and you agree, then what the hell did that make me? To you was I just one of the few?
The idiot who entertained you?
The disgrace you could laugh in the face of?
The gullible one who believed you when you say your in love?
Am I just a whore to you?
A sinner compared to the angelic you? I must be! You agreed! With them! Not me?!
But where were they those nights that you lost it?
When your boyfriend's dumped you? When I stayed up all night with you?
I picked fights with them over you, to protect you! And defend your pride!
So you leave me like this, all hollow inside?
I already lost them, must I suffer through losing you too?
Must I be ashamed of loving you for you? Certainly not! I lost girlfriend's for you!

But nevermind that, I suppose all that's in the past.
remember when we were bestfriends? And said we'd stick together until the end? Through thick and thin?
I'd kill to have that again.
I hardly know you now, we have drifted so far apart somehow.
You're not you anymore, I hardly know anything about you, I used to be able to declare with confidence you were my best friend.
I knew every hair on your head.
but now that you and me is dead.

So Ill do a full loop to end this stupid poem, another lost note to be seen by no ones.
My only hopes is you read it too, and see how lost I am without you.
I'm so afraid, my day late friend, that you and I.
Like this poem,
Shall soon end.