Chapter 49

Gionni

"Nigga you don't ever just chill in the hood no more, everything good?" One of my old workers said, as I sat on the stoop in north philly along with a gang of other niggas

"Shit just chilling" I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"You came all the way from your nice ass crib to, chill?" 

I side eyed him, "Exactly" 

He threw his hands up in defense, "Im just saying bro, this ain't like you" 

I ignored him, and took a sip of my water, continuing to do what i came to do, observe. I had already been out here for a few hours, and so far it was just the same ole shit going on out here. I looked down at my phone as it rung, seeing it was Lay calling me on facetime. 

"Daddy" she said answering the phone. 

"Whats wrong Lay" 

"Nothing, I just miss you" she said, pouting. 

"I ain't even been gone that long" i said laughing. "What you doing?" 

"We just came back from the mall with mommy" 

"The mall?" I repeated. "What y'all get from the mall?" 

"Uhh, I got some shoes, a jacket.. oou oou and i got a new case for my phone" she said flipping the camera as if I could see it. 

I chuckled, "Lay i can't see it" i said, as i watched a few niggas hopped out a car. "Imma see it when I get home, I promise" 

"Okay" 

"Imma call you back when i'm on my way back" I said, and she nodded, ending the call. 

I kept my eyes steady on the group of niggas, while they dapped hands with others, getting comfortable. I squinted my eyes, seeing one of them was wearing Rell's chain, which gave me all the info I needed. I relaxed back in my seat, and watched as one of the younger looking boys, pointed in my direction, grabbing the nigga wearing Rell's chain attention cause him to look over at me. I made sure to make eye contact, as well as he did, I could tell this lil nigga had some heart and probably wasn't scared, but as y'all know neither was I. I gave him a calm head nod, and he sent one back, making me chuckle at his young ass confidence. 

"Wassgood gang" my nigga shooter said, dapping me using the crip handshake. 

"Ain't shit, wassup cuz" I said, standing up.

"Same ole, fuck you doing out here nigga" he asked, as we walked off a little bit to the side. 

I chuckled, "Came out to chill  with the hood" I said, as I felt the same eyes staring in my direction again, causing me to cut my eyes over at him.

He gave me a look, "Shittin me?" he said. "Wassup nigga, you know all you gotta say is a word.." 

"Wassup with that nigga" I said, slightly nodding my head in his direction.