I'm The Victim, Not The Abuser

ETHANS P.O.V—

"Go." Yasmine mouthed to me and I shook my head.
I wanted to do something because I didn't want her Dad to hurt her in any way.

"TELL ME YASMINE!" Her Dad spat at her. I was pretty frightened because he reminded me of Andrew so I backed away from the stair case.

"There's nobody here Dad-"
"DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME!" Before I knew it, I saw Yasmine get slapped across the face and she fell on her knees.
Oh my gosh!

Part of me wanted to do something but part of me was still that scared little kid who used to hide under my bed with Grayson to get away from Andrew. I was scared and I felt my body freeze.

If I stay Yasmine will get hit again but if I go, it will look like I've abandoned her.
I ran into Yasmine's bedroom and locked the door.
Now how the fuck will I get out now?!
Think Ethan think.

I turned my head to the right and saw a tree next to Yasmine's window.
The door knob started to shake and I knew her Dad was trying to get in so I quickly ran to the window and opened it.

As I was about to jump out of the window I remembered my school things so I went to my backpack and stuffed in all the textbooks and papers.
My cigarette packet fell out and I shoved it back in, making it scrunch up.

There was yelling coming from outside the door so I didn't even try and be careful whilst going out of the window, instead I ran and let my weight fall onto the tree.

Just as I went out the window, Yasmine's door went flying across the room and all the wood broke into pieces.
My eyes widened and I saw her Dad noticed the window was open so before he could see me I jumped off the tree and onto the lawn. I was at the front of the house now.

I put my heavy backpack on and scurried away.
I was completely out of breath but it beat being killed by her drunk ass Dad.

That was a close one, now I know why Yasmine didn't want me coming to her house for the project.

~
9:30pm—

I reached home and Grayson looked at me and then looked at the clock on the wall.
"Ethan I thought you were supposed to be doing a project, don't tell me you were out drinking again." He shook his head at me and folded his arms.

"For the first time I wasn't getting high, I was at Yasmines house doing the project but something happened."
Grayson looked at me confused and wondered what happened.

"Why what happened?"
I took a deep breath and tried to find the words to say it.

"We were doing the project and her Dad came home drunk and he....started beating her up because he knew I was in the house."

"He didn't hit you did he?-"
"No I got out of the house in time but he really hurt Yasmine and I think it's happened more than once." I scratched the back of my head and just thought about what Yasmine could be going through right now.

"She doesn't make it out like anything wrong with her-"
"Neither do you Ethan, nobody even knows about you smoking or that our mom has a psychotic boyfriend always slapping the shit out of us." He slightly raised his voice.

"I know." I said bluntly, not wanting to talk about Andrew right now. Even his name got me angry.

It was to much for me to handle and I just sighed.
"I'm going out." I said and opened the front door.
Grayson scoffed "Ethan please don't tell me you're going out to get high at a time like this!"

"I'm not going to get high, I'm going to see if Yasmines alright."

I shut the door behind me and started walking.
"Be careful!" I heard Grayson yell.

I started walking to Yasmines and it was already dark. The only thing I could see was the bright street lights.

Her house wasn't so far and when I came across it, I stood by the tree next to her window and waited.
The lights in the house were off and Yasmine's window was still open after I jumped out of it.

"Yasmine." I whispered for her to hear but nothing.
After a while there was no answer.
She's not home? But it's past 9:30pm, what can she be doing now?

I started walking home and I found a single cigarette in my pocket with a lighter. I thought about it for a while and instead of walking home, I went to my regular place.

~
When I reached to the place, it was very quiet and just as I was about to sit down next to the tree I saw something.
Who the fuck is that?!

Why were they sitting at my place? Nobody else knew about that place other than me.
I couldn't see them properly because they were wearing a black hoodie covering their face.

"Hey are you good?" I asked them and sat down next to them.
I didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl, the hoodie was hiding their identity really well.

They put away their cigarette packets and stuffed them in their pocket.
I noticed that whoever it was started to panic, maybe nobody knew about them smoking either.

"Oh shit." I heard them mumble and they got up from the floor and ran off.
"WAIT!" I yelled for them to stop but they didn't.

I started to run after them and something fell. It was a locket. I opened the locket and it had a small picture inside, the picture was an old one and it was of this lady.

There was writing next to it and it said-
She lived, laughed and left. X

Whoever this was in the picture had died because of what was written inside the locket.
Whose locket is this?

I furrowed my eyebrows and closed the locket, putting it into my pocket.

~
THE NEXT DAY—

Grayson and I both walked into school together and our friends were waiting for us.
Nick was there and he gave us bro hugs and I saw at the corner of my eye Yasmine standing by her locker.

She was standing with Allison and on the side of her forehead was a big bruise that she was trying to cover up with her hair.

The bell had rang and everyone walked to class but I stayed with Grayson in the hallways since we had English first and it was on the ground floor.

Allison and Yasmine were both talking and they walked to class.
"Yasmine what happened to your locket?" Allison asked her and Yasmine looked at her neck and her locket was gone.

"Wha-I have no idea." She started to freak out.

So that lockets Yasmine?...

Grayson walked across the hall and he turned around and noticed that I wasn't going to class with him.
"Eth you coming?" He asked me and my attention stayed on Yasmine.
"Yeah I'll catch up with you."

He walked off and Yasmine was on her own, she was getting books out of her locker and I snuck up behind her.

My shadow was over her and when she heard me breathing behind her, she slowly turned around and saw that I was staring at her dead in the eyes.

"What?" She gave me a creeped out look and I reached into my pocket for something.

"This What you were looking for?" I held up the same locket I found and Yasmine's eyes widened.

"How did you get that?-"
"Don't fucking act dumb with my Yasmine! I know your little secret!" I yelled back at her, slowly losing my patience.

************
🌹AUTHORS NOTE🌹

Okay now after this chapter it will start getting more interesting and a lot more will happen but I just needed Ethan to know about Yasmines life and then it will be different.

Find out what's going to happen next BYE XOXO 😘😍❤️💝👑👑🔥🔥✌️✌️✌️✌️