Chapter 11

"Fuck," Natsu grumbles rubbing the back of his head. "Did ya really have to hit me that hard?"

"You shouldn't have stared," I growl as I hid under his blanket while he leans against his dresser.

"Yeah, yeah," he huffs. There is a knock on the door and Natsu goes to open it. "What?"

"This is Miss Heartfilia's belongings. I was told she was here," I hear the voice coward slightly.

"Give it." The man holds out the bag and Natsu just snatches it and slams the door in his face. 

He places my stuff gently on the bed and turns around giving me a chance to get dressed. (outfit in media). 

"I'm done." He turns around as I put my hair up into a messy ponytail. 

"You hungry?" He asks eyeing me carefully. I nod as I stretch feeling comfortable in my clothes. Even if his shirts are way comfier. "Come on. I'll take you to the mess hall. Mira can whip something up for you."

"You think she can give me a shot of tequila too?" I ask following him up some stairs.

"I don't think so. You're underage."

"So," I frown. "I've been drinking for years already. It's gonna take more than a shot to get me going."

"Jesus, you're worse than Cana," he mumbles. 

"Who's she? She sounds fun," I smirk bringing my hands behind my head.

He just rolls his eyes and opens up a huge ass door. 

"Lucy!" I hear a voice call out. 

Turning around I see Levy and Juvia run up to me with big smiles.

"What's up?" I smirk.

"Have you seen Jellal or Wendy yet?" Juvia asks.

"I saw Wendy but I haven't seen Jellal," I lose my smirk frowning instead. "He's not down here?" They shake there head no when the doors behind us open again. Turning around I chuckle. "Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear."

Jellal walks towards us with a raised eyebrow and Natsu just stays quiet as we interact. "So I'm the devil now?"

"I guess so," Levy laughs. Levy turns back to me and asks, "So is Wendy doing ok?"

"She's shaken, to say the least," I frown. "She cried so much that she fell back to sleep in my arms."

"Poor Wendy," Juvia states sadly.

"I'll be back guys," I sigh. "I need some food and alcohol."

"Already one step ahead of ya," Juvia laughs as she sips on a glass. "I already had a few glasses of jungle juice."

"Same here," Levy says. "Speaking of which, I need another glass."

"I got drinking buddies," I laugh as I pump my fist into the air and they join.

Natsu just sighs and grabs my hand dragging me to the bar.

"Yo, Mira!"

A familiar platinum haired woman steps out and looks at me in shock as I do the same. 

"You're that bartender from that club downtown!" I gasp remembering going to the club with Clarissa.

"And you are the girl who almost drank the entire bar with that friend of yours," she giggled. "Although you drank way more than her."

"Yeah," I chuckle nervously. "Sorry about that."

"Don't be sorry," she smiles. "But I am surprised to see you here."

"You and me both."

"Great so guys met before," Natsu states rolling his eyes.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I ask kind of irritated with his attitude.

"Ignore him, hun. He is always like that," Mira smiles completely ignoring his sarcastic remark.

"Wasn't like this earlier," I grumble. "Anyway, can I have something to eat, please? I'm starving!"

"Sure," Mira giggles. "What drink do you want?"

"Your long island ice tea. Light on the ice."

"On, it." She leaves to the back and brings out a burger with fries setting it in front of me.

"Oh my gosh," I whisper at the mouth-watering sight in front of me. 

"I'll go make your drink now."

I start digging in not caring about anything but the food. "This is so good," I moan as I stuff another fry in my mouth.

"Stop sounding so sexual," Natsu mumbles.

"Too bad that ain't gonna happen," I laugh.

He just rolls his eyes and smiles at me before standing up. "I'll be back."

"Okie Dokie!" 

As he leaves Mira gives me this look and sets my drink in front of me. "What was that all about?"

"What was what all about?" I ask still eating the deliciousness that is in front of me. "By the way, can you teach me how to cook like this? Mrs. Wilde only taught me so much but this burger is way better, hands down."

"Sure I'll teach you. But back to what I was talking about, that is the first time I have seen him smile."

"Seriously?" I ask looking up from my meal and taking a sip of my drink. "I've only been with him for an hour or 2 and he was smiling quite a bit." I continue eating until I look up and smack my head. "Shit, I forgot to tell you my name! It's Lucy, by the way."

"Well, Lucy, you have definitely caught that man's attention. He doesn't smile in front of anyone! Probably in front of Mr. Dreyer but no one else."

I just shrug and take the last bite of my burger and finish up my fries. "Maybe it's just my personality."

"Maybe," she whispers as Natsu comes back from who knows where. 

"You almost done?"

"Yup. Mira, can I have 2 shot of absinthe?"

"Which one?" 

"The strongest you got."

"Luce are you crazy?" Natsu asks a little bit of concern laced in his voice. "That's like drinking acid."

Mira sets 2 full shot glasses down in front of me. "I've seen her drink more than two of these Natsu and she was fine. She'll be ok."

I down both shots and finish the rest of my other drink. "Alright, what's next."

"Fucking hell," Natsu mumbles. "How are you even standing straight right now?"

"It's called a high alcohol tolerance," I smirk. "Now, what's next on the agenda?"

"Interrogations and getting you and your friends adapted to whatever power they got."

"Then let's go. I wanna see if I can convince the old man to let me go back to school. Preferably in the next few days."

"You actually LIKE school?" He asks incredulously.

"No, but Clare and I promised each other that we will graduate together." I turn to him. "And I never break my promises."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, so Lucy may or may not be an alcoholic? Kinda? 

But anyway, bye-bye!

Word Count: 1106