Chapter 16

I wake up to the fuzzy noise of what sounds like cheering. My eyes slowly open as I look to the left and right of me. I see girls lined up with a scared look in their eyes. My hearing becomes clearer as the cheering became more prominent and took my attention. I look in front of me and see a thick curtain ready to be drawn at any moment. I look down at myself and see chains on my wrist that attache to the floor. Looking back at the other girls, they were in the same restraints as me.

"Alright blondie, get up," someone says dragging me up by my hair. I yelp in pain and look to see one of the men who offered me a ride. "We need to get started."

I stand on my feet as I hear the rattle of chains from the other girls getting up. I tuck my hair behind my ear and feel the tracking device, reassuring me slightly.

The curtain opens and a crowd filled the top and bottom floors. Gildarts better get his monkey ass here soon with a whole fucking squad of people!

"Hello there, and welcome to the auction," a voice booms over the place making the crowd go wild. "We've got some lovely ladies here that are ripe for the picking so get your wallets out and get ready to place your bids!" 

Just before the voice could announce the first person, police stormed the building, hand-cuffing and knocking out people. I see the men who offered me a ride get taken down along with a bunch of other people. S.W.A.T and  Gildarts came on stage and helped free the girls. One S.W.A.T member specifically came to me and helped me out of the chains.

"You ok, miss," the man asks.

"Yes, thank you," I whisper, shakily. I feel the man grasp my hand for a second and my head snaps up. "N-Natsu?" I whisper.

He nods his head slightly. "Let's get you out of here miss."

Time Skip: a few hours later

I was in the car with Natsu and Gildarts again. I feel their gazes on me as I look out the window.

"If you wanna ask, ask. Just stop staring at me," I mumble.

"Are you ok?" Natsu asks his voice laced with concern.

"Just wasn't expecting to get chloroformed," I sigh looking up.

I see Natsu frown from the corner my eye. "Anything else?" He asks.

"I just want to know if you caught a guy with really crooked teeth."

"There were a few like that, Lucy," Gildart tells me. "If you want, I'll bring in pictures of everyone we arrested."

"Please do."

The rest of the car ride was calm as we drive to Redwood to the house that Makarov has set up for me and Natsu, though I'll be in there the day after school starts.

When we arrive, we wave goodbye to Gildarts and head inside.

Plopping on the couch I sigh heavily. "So, do I have to go back to my dad's?"

"Just until after school Monday."

"Ugh," I groan. "But that's in another 2 DAYS!"

"You'll live," he chuckles. "Now, come on. I need to take you home."

"Please, let me stay here," I whine. "I don't wanna go back."

"Nope, let's go."

"Meanie."

"Yeah, yeah."

After being dropped off

Natsu just left and now it's just me standing in front of my house. I'm sorry, Lucy. I shake my head. I still don't understand. 

I grab the key from under the flower pot and walk in. The state of the house is worse than from a few days. I sigh and start to pick up the mess of bottles putting them in the recycling bin.

"Why the fuck did he have to make such a big mess?" I  growl grabbing the broom and dustpan. "There's broken glass, dirty dishes, laundry, everything!" I sweep and throw away the broken glass before picking up the laundry and separating them to the proper piles. "Fucking pig." I put the white clothes to wash and start cleaning the kitchen. "2 days better go by fucking quickly. I do NOT want to deal with this bull shit."

Heavy footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs an I look back to see my dad. "Why is there so much noise," he grumbles lowly, his eyes cast downwards.

"Because I'm cleaning up this fucking pigsty you call a home old man," I growl. "You always yell at me to pick up and now I know why. You can't do it yourself! I honestly shouldn't be doing this but if I'm staying here for another 2 days, I'm not gonna be living in a dumpster!"

"L-Lucy?" I see his eyes glaze over as he stumbles towards me. "Is that really you?"

"Yes, it is. Now take a fucking shower. You stink."

He turns around and heads back upstairs actually listening to what I told him to do. 

I finish cleaning all of the downstairs when he comes back down.

"It's really you," he smiles. 

"Yes, it's me. Get over it." He comes over to hug me but I step back. "Don't even think about it!" He slowly put's his arms down with a sad expression. "What in your right mind did you EVER think it was even remotely ok to give your daughter to the government, huh?"

"I didn't want to," he whispers.

"THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE!" I yell. "YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT UP A FIGHT, GODDAMNIT! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ACTUALLY PUTTING ME IN A PLACE WHERE FUCKING CRIMINALS WENT!"

"Lucy, please-"

"Please nothing, old man," I growl. "Don't get used to me being here. After school Monday, I'm out of here."

"Lucy, I'm sorry." 

"I'll forgive you when I forgive you. For now, I want to be left alone." I go upstairs, grab my wallet and my key, and go down to the garage. "Time to go out for a mid-day ride."

I open the garage door, put my helmet on, rev my engine, and take off. I hear my dad calling my name but his voice fades away the farther I get.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All done!

Bye-bye!

Word Count: 1038