Chapter 19

It's almost the end of the day and I'm in my history waiting for the stupid ass bell to ring so Natsu and I can move my stuff from my house to his. 

"Miss Heartfilia?" I look up to see the teacher hovering over my desk. "How about instead of looking at the clock, you answer the question I just asked."

"Which is?"

"What is the real meaning of the song ring around the rosy?"

"Seriously?" I look up at the teacher and him just glaring at me. Sighing, I place my cheek into my palm. "It's a reference to the Black Plague. Ring around the rosy is referring to the red rings that appear around the eyes of the infected. The posies are what the people who weren't affected by the plague used to block the smell of death. Some even believed that it would ward off the disease. Ashes are them burning the dead bodies and those who were suffering. And finally, we all fall down... death." I say all this with no interest what so ever as the teacher looks at me dumbfounded then angry.

"Correct," he growls. 

As he walks away Natsu leans towards me. "I think this teacher dislikes you."

"No, really?"

"No need to be sarcastic," he grumbles.

"Sorry," I sigh leaning back. 

Just as I say that the bell rings. I quickly grab my stuff and grab Natsu's hand dragging him out the classroom.

"Someone's in a rush," Natsu chuckles. He throws his bag over his shoulder before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "So, mind telling me why this teacher hates you so much?"

"It's probably 'cause I barely go to his class but answer his questions correctly," I shrug. "All I know is that he doesn't like me."

"That's all?" 

I just shrug. "I said probably. For all I know, he can hate me for a completely different reason." We walk up to my bike and see his that he had hidden in the forest next to mine. "You wanna drive to your place first before moving my stuff?"

"Yeah, it will be easier that way. Plus, you don't have to waste gas."

I nod as he removes his arm from my shoulder. "Just follow me."

"Oh no," I smirk. "How about we race?"

He looks like he's deciding before sighing. "Fine. Do you remember the route to my house?"

"Yeah, don't worry." I jump on my bike and put my helmet on before flipping the visor. "See ya there babe." I wink at him flipping my visor back down and rev my engine. I take off and hear Natsu behind me a few seconds later and I speed up. My baby's upgrades are meant for speed. This works all too well for me. I glance behind me and see Natsu just a few meters away trying to catch up. I see a shortcut to the highway and cut to it seeing Natsu pass right by me. I speed through the path and jump onto the highway in 3 minutes. Cars honk at me for showing up out of nowhere. I laugh just speeding up more. 

Five minutes later I skid to stop in Natsu's driveway and turn my bike off. I get off and take my helmet off too shaking my head to help my hair go back to normal. Natsu pulls in a few minutes later and gets off with a pissed look.

"You cheated!"

"I did no such thing," I gasp. 

"You took a shortcut that I didn't even know of!" 

"Ah, ah, ah," I stop him with a wave of my finger. "A race is a race. Shortcuts are always valid."

"Tch, whatever," he grumbles.