Chapter 13

It's been two weeks since I've been here and they still can't figure out my power. I've been laying in the room they provided me and reading the Crucible so when I go back to school, which I'm hoping the old man lets me, I'll be caught up for the reading portion of my English class.

I hear a knock on my wall and look up to see Natsu, the annoying yet funny pink- I'm sorry SALMON haired man who has somehow become my friend.

"What now," I groan, closing the book and setting it aside.

"Gramps wants to see you."

"I don't wanna," I whine.

He shakes his head and sits on my bed while I stuff my face into my pillow.

"C'mon Luce."

"No," I shout childishly.

"Luce," Natsu voice holding a bit of warning.

"Fine!"I get up and stomp out the door to the old man's office with Natsu right behind me. I barge into the office and cross my arms. "You summoned me?"

"Ah, Lucy! Good to see you," Makarov smiles.

"The feelings not mutual," I grumble.

"But I have good news for you!"

"Which is?" I drag out the last word waiting for a response.

"We can find out your power now," he smiles.

"Great, tell me."

"Your hand please." I hold out my left hand and he pricks my finger and puts my blood into a weird-lookin' device.

"It looks more like you're checking my iron levels than finding out my powers."

The room is quiet until a little beep is heard from the device.

"Person has heavenly/ celestial power. In short, power over the stars."

"What the fuck am I supposed to do with star powers? I know nothing about the stars."

"Your birthday is November 12th correct?" asks Makarov.

"Yeah, what of it?"

"That's the day the stars fell," answered Natsu in a hushed voice. 

"No stars were falling when I was born," I counter. "Plus, a bunch of other people were born that day too. It wasn't just me."

"Correct but remember what I've told you before. Not everyone is born with this gene and this is the first time we are encountering this type of power. Actually, this is the same situation that happened with Natsu, now that I think about it."

I spin towards Natsu and grab the tie he was conveniently wearing and pull him down to my height. "I thought you said this never happened before, Natsu."

"I forgot about my case," he chuckles nervously. 

"How do you fucking forget that?" I growl lowly.

"It's been a while," he smiles scratching the back of his head.

I push him away and turn to Makarov again. "So, how the fuck am I supposed to master something that has never been encountered before old man?"

"Ask Natsu. His specific power has only been possessed by him. No one else."

I turn to face Natsu again and see him fixing his tie. "So? How did you do it?"

"I honestly figured stuff out as time went by," he shrugs.

"That's very helpful," I say sarcastically.

"That's the best I can do Luce. Sorry."

I see a little bit of shock pass over Makarov's face before returning to his neutral expression.

Now to ask the question I've been wanting to ask since I got to this floor. "Makarov, can I go back to school?"

"Why would you want to go back to school? Judging from your records, you skipped more classes than actually going to school," Makarov states sitting down.

"I made a promise and I plan on keeping it," I tell him.

"I see. I'll think about it and give you an answer tomorrow."

"That's good enough for me. Now I'm gonna finish that book and write the responsive essay that was supposed to be due after we finish it. Goodbye."

I walk out of the office and start heading back to my room when I heard some footsteps follow me a few seconds later. 

"Luce, wait up!"

I continue walking ignoring the annoying man behind me.

"Hey, why are you ignoring me?"

"Is that what I'm doing?"

"Yes, you are," he says. "What wrong with you today?"

"I'm just worried about someone."

"Who is it? Wendy?"

"No, it's not her. I know she's doing ok."

"Then who?"

"A friend of mine." Is Clare doing ok? She's supposed to start school again today.

"What's their name?"

"You know, for a 20-year-old man you ask as many questions as a child," I sigh.

"Well, I wanna cheer you up. Is that so bad?"

"Yes, because I'm not used to people cheering me up," I respond. "I'm used to drinking and partying. Staying out late with my best friend and getting into trouble! I'm not used to being this... I don't know... inactive?" I sigh in frustration. "What I'm saying is, I'm never this still for this long. Clarissa and I are always doing something."

"So the said friend is named Clarissa," he mumbles. "Why not sneak out tonight and go visit her?"

"If I could do that without getting caught that would be fucking fantastic, but security is tight here. I can't even breathe without someone knowing," I exasperate.

"Well, what if I, hypothetically speaking, knew where there is a passage where there is no security?" He asks as we walk into my room.

"Well, I would want to know where it is. Hypothetically speaking of course," I smirk sitting on the desk they have placed in here.

He walks up to me and places both hands on either side of me. He leans in and stops near my ear. "Meet me in my room tonight."

I smirk and right before he leans back completely, I grab his tie and pull him close again to where my lips just barely touch his ear. "You better not be playing around, Natsu."

He chuckles lightly and whispers, "Of course not. Plus, I feel like you should get some fresh air."

He pulls back and smirks at me before waving goodbye and walking out my door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You like the little Nalu moment I put there? 

Alright, bye-bye!!

Word Count: 1028