Chapter 28

We've been driving for a long time now and Natsu finally pulls up to the entrance of the so-called 'penitentiary'. 

"Finally," I yell as I get off the bike and stretch.

"Come on," Natsu laughs. 

"How come you don't get like this," I yawn as we walk through the doors.

"Probably because I'm always using my power," he shrug.

"When are you using them because I haven't seen you use them once since that day in the training hall."

"My body is always producing heat. In order for me to let it go, I raise my body temperature just enough that people won't think I have a fever," he explains. "So, I'm always using my powers. The only time I don't do this is when I'm sleeping."

"Well at least that explains why you're always so warm," I say as small arms wrap around my waist suddenly.

"Lucy!"

I look down in surprise when I see Wendy. "Hey there, Wendy," I smile as I pat the young teens head. "How are you?"

"I'm good! I learned how to use some of my powers!" She says excitedly.

"That's good," I giggle. "Speaking of which, that's what I'm here to do. Kind of. Wanna watch?"

She nods her head vigorously while Natsu chuckles at her enthusiasm. "Well then ladies, shall we head to the training hall?"

As we get closer to the training hall, Mira pops out of nowhere with Levy, Juvia, and Jellal. "You here to let some of that power out?" She asks as the others look confused. 

"Yeah, I'm starting to get tired again," I yawn as I smile weakly. 

"Then let's go. I don't want a repeat of last time," she frowns. "I was really worried when Mr. Dreyer told me what happened."

"I know, sorry about that," I reply sheepishly.

We enter the training hall and everyone stands off near the wall while I walk into the middle of the large room. Sitting down, I start to steady my breathing until it was in sync with my heartbeat. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I slowly start to close my eyes.

"Holy shit," I hear Jellal mutter. 

I feel my power humming through the air and the weightless feeling from before came back to me as I let more power out.

"Wow! So pretty," Wendy says. "She's as bright as a star!"

Would you like to have a small lesson brat?

I'M NOT A BRAT!

Do you or do you not want a lesson?!

I huff slightly in annoyance before replying. Fine. Go ahead Aquarius. I suddenly feel an immense amount of power surge through me.

Open your eyes. 

I do as I'm told and see that I'm in a sphere of water. Is this some kind of shield?

Yes. This is used to block attacks coming your way. 

Is there anything else I should know?

If I feel that you are in danger and won't be able to react in time, I will activate it. Just know I would much rather you do it than me. I don't like taking over and neither do the other zodiacs. 

So, you can take over but won't unless my life is in danger?

Yes. You will also see everything we are doing. We won't make it so you forget everything like when you fought the people who hurt your friend.