Chapter 10

Madelaine's POV

I performed my audition well, I didn't mess up on my lines once. I was extremely proud of myself. But as I exited the room, Vanessa was still on my mind. I prayed that she hadn't left yet. I opened the doors, leading me back into the waiting area.

And there she was. With Cami. Cami leaned over and kissed Vanessa on the cheek lightly, which made me furious. I stood there, hands in tight fists, as I saw Vanessa smile and blush. The two stood up to leave, Cami's arm wrapped around her. And that's when I finally realized something.

I was jealous. Very jealous. But, I didn't know why.

"Hey!" a familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around to see a glowing Travis, as he smiled at me. And suddenly, I began to forget about Vanessa.

"How did your audition go?" he asked.

"Great! What about you?" I asked.

"It was alright," he shrugged. I could tell he was disappointed in himself, but he was trying his best not to show it.

"Hey..there's a party my friend is having at his place. Wanna come with me?" he asked me. I looked up and a small grin spread across my face, as I nodded.

Vanessa's POV

I plopped down on the bed, too sad to do anything. Cami was trying to get me to tell her all evening what happened, but how could I when I didn't even know what I was feeling? I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my feed on social media. And then I saw a post. And my heart dropped.

My heart raced as I processed what I was seeing

My heart raced as I processed what I was seeing. Mads and Travis, standing next to one another. Why was I even mad? Why was I jealous? But the thing is I knew exactly why. I wanted to be Travis in that picture. Standing next to Mads. I turned my phone off and tossed it to the side, staring straight ahead.

"Hey..V? What's wrong?" Cami asked, coming into my room. I continued to stare ahead, as she sat down next to me on the bed. And that's when I felt like crying. I could feel the tears coming, as I came to realization of what I had been feeling. For Mads. I turned to Cami, my lip quivering as I opened my mouth. She put her hand on mine, trying to comfort me as I struggled to speak.

"I..I think I like Mads," I stuttered.