Chapter 18

Madelaine's POV

I quietly sat down on the bed, as I watched Vanessa undress herself quickly. She pulled off her shirt, revealing her bra. I felt my entire face turn red as I noticed how beautiful her body looked. She put on a different shirt and brushed out her long, gorgeous hair. She then pulled out a blanket and pillow and set it on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She looked up.

"Um..going to bed," she said.

"No I know that..but why are you sleeping on the floor?" I asked.

"Do you want me to sleep in the bed?" she asked. Fuck. Oh my god. I probably would sound obsessed with her if I said 'yes'. But, I didn't want her to sleep on the floor.

I shyly nodded, tucking my hair behind my ear. She plopped down on the bed next to me and laid down. I looked down to see her curled up in the blankets and I couldn't help but smile. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrow.

"What is it?" she asked sternly. She was clearly still in a bad mood.

"Nothing," I said quietly. I felt her sit up slowly and turn her body towards me. I looked over to see her cross-legged and slightly frowning.

"Vanessa..." I began to say slowly. Now is not a good time Madelaine. She clearly doesn't wanna talk to you right now. What makes you think she'll even like you? You should just say 'nevermind' and go to bed.

But, my heart told me otherwise.

"Vanessa...I..." my hands began to shake. Vanessa now looked concerned.

"Mads..what is it?"

"I..I really..." but before I could say anything else, someone knocked on our door.

"Come in," Vanessa said. Cami opened the door, peeking her head in.

"Goodnight!" she smiled.

"Goodnight," I said. She closed the door and I turned my attention back to Vanessa.

"What is it?" she asked.

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't find the right words. Telling someone that I liked them had never been this hard. What should I even say? Hey Nessa! So just so you know, I really like you and I wanna kiss you really bad. Wanna date?

Yeah, definitely not saying that.

I felt my face turn red as Vanessa smiled at me. "You don't have to tell me now..let's just go to sleep and you can talk to me about it in the morning," she said. I nodded, nervously. She laid down on her side, facing me. She didn't seem mad anymore, just sad? I didn't know how to read her facial expression. She smiled at me and giggled.

"Nessa?"

"Yes?"

"Can..can I please cuddle with you?" I asked nervously. I noticed her body tense up as she thought about it for a moment, before nodding. I scooted closer to her, as she wrapped her arms around me. I nuzzled my head into her neck, making her giggle as her legs touched mine. I rested my head on her chest while I listened to the soft beats of her heart. I felt her begin to stroke my hair as she moved her body closer to mine. Being in her arms felt calming, almost uplifting. I looked up at a sleepy Vanessa as she tiredly smiled at me.

"Goodnight Mads," she said.

"Goodnight," I smiled.

Vanessa's POV

I woke up, squinting my eyes as sunlight poured into the room. I tried to move my arm, realizing I couldn't. I looked down to see a redhead sleeping against my chest. She slept peacefully, her chest moving up and down as she breathed quietly. Everything came back to me slowly as I stared up at the ceiling. Mads had tried to tell me something last night. She seemed nervous and scared. I wanted to know what it was but I didn't want to force her.

She began to reposition herself, turning on her side and wrapping her free arm around my waist. I smiled at her as she intertwined her legs with mine.

And that's when I felt it. It felt like she was mine. I could get used to this. Waking up to her next to me every morning. Going to coffee shops. Riding around LA. Taking selfies.

I began to stroke her smooth hair while staring at her soft lips. But, then she suddenly opened her eyes. I turned my head away blushing, hoping she hadn't realized I was staring at her the entire time.

"Good morning," she said tiredly. I looked down at her as she tiredly smiled.

"So how long were you staring at me?" she asked, hugging me tighter. I blushed, not saying anything.

"Oh my god..I look so gross when I sleep," she groaned. I laughed, shaking my head.

"You actually look quite gorgeous."

"Oh..so you were watching me sleep?"

"Shut up," I laughed. She smirked at me and then turned her head towards me. And in that moment, I realized how close our lips were. A little too close.

"Nessa...," she said weakly. She didn't take her eyes off of my lips. She slowly leaned in. Oh my god. Oh my god. Wait, what is she doing? Is she seriously about to kiss me? Isn't she with Travis? Isn't she straight? You should stop this. Even though you want it, you should. Don't let yourself get hurt. You're better than that Vanessa.

"I..I don't think this is a good idea," I managed to say. Our lips were barely touching. I could see how hurt she looked, as she moved away from me.

"Why not?" she asked quietly.

"What do you mean 'why not'?" I asked, now curious. I swear to god, straight girls can be so confusing sometimes.

"It..it doesn't matter. Nevermind," she said. She sat up and got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"It doesn't fucking matter!" she yelled. She ran into the bathroom, slamming the door.

Why can't straight girls ever get their shit together?

I sighed as I pulled out my phone and noticed a 'Missed Call' from the casting directors of Riverdale. I quickly called them back, nervously biting my nails.

Madelaine's POV

I finally exited the bathroom, nervous to see Vanessa. I couldn't believe I had just went for it. Vanessa was probably confused and horrified as fuck that I had just tried to kiss her. What the hell was I thinking? As I left the bathroom, I saw her sitting on the bed in tears.

"Oh my god! Vanessa what happened?" I asked, rushing to her side. Her face was puffy, her eyes were red and tears ran down her soft face. Her lips quivered as she turned her face to me.

"I..I didn't get the part," she finally said. I felt my heart drop. She didn't get the part. You told her she would. She said that if she didn't get it she would be done with her career. Acting was her dream. Don't let her just give up. Do something right for once Madelaine.

"Listen to me. You're fucking amazing Vanessa. At like everything. I know how hard it is. To constantly fight for something when you feel like you'll never win. But..you need to keep fighting. You are a talented, beautiful girl. And if those stupid ass directors can't see that, then they're missing out. But..just know when you continue to fight..I'll be right next to you," I said. I cupped my hands around her face as she continued to cry.

"Nessa..I love you," I admitted.

Oh my god.

I just said that.

But, she smiled and nodded. I pulled her in for a hug, as I felt her cry against my shoulder. I rubbed her back and closed my eyes.

"Everything will work out..I promise," I said softly.