Chapter 19

Vanessa's POV

It was around 2:00 when we all decided to go swimming in the pool. I exited the bathroom, in my two-piece swimsuit as I noticed Mads sitting on our bed on her phone. She was wearing a red swimsuit and her hair was up.

"You look cute!" I smiled at her, sitting down next to her. She looked up at me and I felt her eyes trail down my body, making me blush.

"Vanessa...you look beautiful," she said quietly. I could tell she was in awe so I laughed.

"I know," I smiled. She rolled her eyes and we headed downstairs, grabbing towels. We made our way outside to the backyard where everyone sat. Jordan, Cole, Cami and Lili were already in the pool, while everyone sat in their chairs talking. I set my towel down on a chair and put my hair up. And then I felt arms wrap around my waist. I smiled for a moment, thinking it was Mads. But, then I heard a deep voice.

"Damn Nessa..you servin' looks," Charles said. I smiled and playfully pushed him away.

"Shut up you troll," I joked. He laughed.

"Are you gonna go swim?" he asked.

"Maybe later."

"Aw that's too bad. Why not now?" he asked, stepping closer.

I shrugged. "Don't feel like it." And before I could say anything else, he had picked me up.

"Charles fucking Melton! Let me go!" I laughed.

"Nope!" and he threw me into the pool. I surfaced for air as I waded in the water. He jumped into the pool sending a giant splash of water my way. Once he resurfaced he began to laugh at me uncontrollably.

"Fuck you," I splashed water at his face.

"I ship it!" Casey yelled from his chair. We turned towards him and he flashed us a smile. I rolled my eyes, turning my attention back to Charles.

"I don't disagree with him," he said.

"Shut up," I laughed. We swam around in the pool for awhile, him constantly flirting with me. He eventually got out of the pool to go get some food. As I pulled myself up to sit on the side of the pool I noticed Mads had left.

"Hey Cami?" I asked her, as she walked past me.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Where's Mads?"

"She went to go take a call while you were flirting with Charles," she smirked.

"Oh," I said and she walked away.

I got out of the pool and dried myself off, before entering the house again.

"Mads?" I called out.

"I got the part," I heard her voice say. I turned around to see her holding her phone in one hand while smiling.

"Wait..." I said, trying to process what she just said.

"I got the part!" she squealed.

"Oh my god..oh my god! That's amazing! I am so proud of you!" I smiled, giving her a hug.

"You okay?" she finally asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know..it's just you didn't get the part..and I didn't wanna rub this in your face," she said looking at the ground. I smiled at her, shaking my head.

"You're crazy if you think I'd be upset," I said.

"There you guys are! What happened?" Cami asked, Lili trailing behind her. Mads smiled at me and then turned back to Cami.