Chapter 14

Madelaine's POV

I laid in bed quietly, missing Vanessa's warm body next to mine. I longed for her embrace. I missed her a lot. The way she looked at me. The way her voice sounded. Her sweet hugs. It all made me feel something. But, me? Liking girls? I couldn't wrap my head around that idea. I never pictured myself with girls. But..I began to think that I could with Vanessa.

My phone began to buzz, interrupting my thoughts. It was a text from Travis.

Travis: hey mads! wyd?

Me: hi! nm hbu

Travis: same here..u wanna hang out? that is if ur free tho

Me: i am! where do u wanna go?

Travis: well there's this nice restaurant on the other side of town if u wanna check it out

Me: this sounds a lot like a date lol

Travis: it isnt! i mean..it can be if u want it to be😊

Me: haha ur weird but yeah sure! lets go

Travis: what time should i pick u up lol?

Me: idc tbh but maybe like at 5?

Travis: ooo a dinner date? i like it

Me: haha shut up lmao😂

Travis: okay i'll see u soon then lol!

Me: ok see u soon!

I turned off my phone and I couldn't help but smile. And as much as I don't like admitting this...Travis was now the only thing on my mind at the moment. I jumped out of bed and began planning my outfit.

Awhile later.

I put on the tight, black dress and heels as I observed myself in the mirror. I applied the finishing touches of makeup to my face. I grabbed my purse as I heard my phone buzz.

Travis: hey! otw rn

Me: okay😊

I put my phone in my purse, opened the door, and left the apartment. After a few minutes of waiting outside, a shiny, luxurious car pulled up. Travis sat in the driver's seat, sunglasses covering his eyes. He took them off and smiled at me.

"Hi!" he said. He got out of the car, opening the passenger door for me.

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"You look..amazing," he said, getting back into the passenger seat.

"Aww thank you!" I blushed. "You look..okay," I joked.

"Ouch," he laughed. We drove off, the wind hitting my face as he turned up the music on the radio. I occasionally turned to look at his cute face as he laughed. Travis was honestly so perfect. All my stress seemed to disappear, when I was with him.

We eventually got to the restaurant, taking our seats in a small booth. We ordered our food and began to talk.

"So did you get the role?" I asked him, drinking my water. He shook his head, looking disappointed.

"Oh...I'm really sorry Travis. I'm sure you did great though!" I smiled.

"It's okay..and thanks..at least I got one good thing out of it," he looked up.

I raised my eyebrow. "And what would that be?" I smirked.

He leaned in, his face close to mine. "You," he said quietly. Our lips were inches apart, when I felt eyes on me. My attention moved past Travis and towards the window.

And that's when I could've sworn I saw Vanessa.

"Is everything alright?" he asked me. I slowly nodded. But, now Vanessa had re-entered my mind. Which meant that she was now the only thing on my mind.

Later.

Travis dropped me off at my apartment, giving me a small hug. I could tell he was a bit upset because we never kissed, but I respected the fact that he didn't try to force me to kiss him again afterwards. Travis really was a good guy. But, he wasn't the person on my mind right now. I felt trapped not being able to explain these feelings I felt towards Vanessa. And that's when I knew exactly who to call.

Camila.

I grabbed my phone and plopped down on my bed. I waited for her to accept my facetime request. And then her face popped up on screen.

"Hey Mads! What's up?" she asked.

"Hey! Is Vanessa up?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nope, she's sleeping. Why?"

I sighed nervously. "Um..I need to talk to you about something..it's about Vanessa," I admitted.

"Oh..okay," she said.

Here goes nothing.